Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Page for House

Options
  • 28-08-2010 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Looking to set up simple free web page 2 pages max to try & sell a house tried google sites but bit messy can anyone recommend.

looked in stickies but don't know where to start with all the info

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Maybe create a blog on wordpress.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Seriously, don't bother putting up a web page unless you can do one within minutes.

What do you expect to achieve with a website? Will you use it as a brochure that you can direct people to from posters/notice boards/flyers?

If you're expecting to rank it on Google - forget about it.

You're much better off placing an ad for the house on the likes of Daft.ie where there is already a huge market looking to buy houses etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Sack

I agree with tomEd. Absolutely a waste of time putting together a website for it. Daft.ie is by far your best bet for selling a house online in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭pavb2

Thanks for input house is abroad so my thinking was that rather than pay an agent 3% (the going rate) I would try & do it myself.

Not having experience of web design maybe it's more complicated than I thought but only looking for 2 pages

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

pavb2 wrote: »
    Thanks for input house is abroad so my thinking was that rather than pay an agent 3% (the going rate) I would try & do it myself.

Not having experience of web design maybe it's more complicated than I thought but only looking for 2 pages

Thanks again

Hi Pav

Well Daft don't charge a percentage - they have set rates : check them out here http://www.daft.ie/advertise.daft

The problem with a site of two pages is that you're never going to get the message out there on the web that it's for sale without doing some alternative method of advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭thecelt

can i ask which country the house if for sale in,
    do u have an idea of what you want to throw up?

Advertisement