Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smell of the country in Dublin 5?

Options
  • 28-08-2010 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Anyone else get it.........the smell of the country in the wind the last few days where's it coming from? Quite nice actually mixed in with fresly mown grass :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Inbox wrote: »
    Anyone else get it.........the smell of the country in the wind the last few days where's it coming from? Quite nice actually mixed in with fresly mown grass :D

Got it too!.

In fact (no joke) I used it as an excuse to cover up a fart in the car earlier today!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Ah the country Folk are always pulling that oul trick.

Seriously though There must be a fair spread of muck somewhere for it to be tickling my nostril for many a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Is it slurry?

As this is time of year for it. Late summer, early autumn, dry ground, perfect!

There are large fields between Griffith Avenue and DCU, possibly used for grazing.
    With a Westerly to South Westerly wind that's gonna hit Dublin 5.

But then I've never heard of spreading slurry in Dublin city so call me a fool if I'm wrong

But if you're in the countryside for the next few weeks, it's slurry season! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Yeah smells like Glenroe round here's. I,I heard there's a farm up there but it's north west of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Maybe its the bogger's returning for college :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lanyone ever get the smell of cadburys? i get it all the time in edenmore

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They used to spread some cruel concoction on the flower beds in Raheny library when I was a kid. God help us it was rotten, sort of half way between cow gik and puke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

lanyone ever get the smell of cadburys? i get it all the time in edenmore

ay the smell of chocolate in the morning is great,havent whiffed it recently? Used to be a bit of a bang from Tayto aswell.
    But nowt is a good as the natural stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

Finglas is the place for aromas - at one end of Jamestown Road you can get a whiff of (I think) Walsh's food (spice burgers, garlic mushrooms etc). The other end Johnson, Mooney & O'Brien's bread. Around the corner you have Manhattan - some days it's popcorn others days peanuts - mmmm. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Wind is from the North West....

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

esel wrote: »
    Wind is from the North West....

Well I looked up www.met.ie before I posted on wind direction

Not much more I can do...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

Yeah there was a very discient odour in the air around the area in the last few days! A few people have commented about it to me, I just presumed people were doing their flower beds???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

joeperry wrote: »
    ay the smell of chocolate in the morning is great,havent whiffed it recently? Used to be a bit of a bang from Tayto aswell.
    But nowt is a good as the natural stuff!!

That Cadbury's smell always turned my stomach. Never really noticed one from Tayto although you have just reminded me of a litle kid sitting opposite me on the 27 with his Mammy a few years ago. Passing the Tayto factory which was throwing out some white smoke from it's chinmey. Liitle kid turns to his Mammy and asks "Is that the cloud factory?" Cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

maybe somebody has a weed factory nearby and is growing there own

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

We will be expanding our operation into D9 next. Soon the whole of the northside will smell like Miley Byrnes outhouse.

Advertisement