Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to expect in PLC interviews?

Options
  • 28-08-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Ok.. So my interview is on Tuesday and I'm a bit curious of the things that they will ask me..
    Will I need to have anything prepared? Also do I need a CV or something because one of my friends claimed that you need a CV but I dunno if this is true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,568 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Never any harm to take in a cv, the main thing would be your leaving cert result. Look and see if they have asked you to fill in a form to take with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

They asked me to send out my LC results in the application form I sent. I applied through post cause it's in a different county. Then they sent me back a letter saying that I'll be required to attend an interview. Please confirm your attendance. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i made an application and was told to come on the 27 for interviews,I wasnt asked for any documents and i just went,in the interview she asked me why had i choice this course and if i had siblings to care for, had I work experience and my hobbies

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Ok.. So my interview is on Tuesday and I'm a bit curious of the things that they will ask me..
    Will I need to have anything prepared? Also do I need a CV or something because one of my friends claimed that you need a CV but I dunno if this is true?

Its nothing serious, bring in your CV, you are asked why you picked your course, do you know anything about your course subject etc, mine was very casual so dont worry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

How should you dress? I mean would jeans and a t-shirt be okay? Obviously not scruffy, but casual? Also, I'm applying for a journalism course so how many examples of my writing would be required does anyone know? I don't want to have too many or too few examples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

I brought me C.V. in with me and it worked really well, she could see all me achievements without me having to spout all them out and she looked at me JC results too. I wore a shirt and tie, I looked well overdressed compared to everyone else but she complimented me on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Travy1991

How should you dress? I mean would jeans and a t-shirt be okay? Obviously not scruffy, but casual? Also, I'm applying for a journalism course so how many examples of my writing would be required does anyone know? I don't want to have too many or too few examples.

Hey Rest Energy! I did Journalism last year. Dressing casual was fine for my interview. I'd bring the CV just in case but the interview is very casual and there's no difficult questions asked. The interviewer basically just wants to know why you want to do the course etc.

What college are you going to, just to be certain?

Advertisement