Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Name Change Needed

• 28-08-2010 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭

The ESB and Bord Gais have been told they may have to change their names by the Energy Regulator. see here http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0828/1224277777518.html

What names do you think they´ll chose.

I can see the ESB going with something like Irish Energy, I don´t see them using a name as Gaeilge for some reason.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

*Insert golden circle, wages, strikes semi state rabble rabble*

Personally i'd call one bob, and the other tony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

I think it should be called "Give Us All Yer Money Ya Silly Bastards...Energy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

PowerEnergy. Now with 30% more power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I don't really see the sense in forcing them to rebrand. They're only names ffs.. surely it's quality of service and competitiveness that draws customers and not the name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I don't really see the sense in forcing them to rebrand. They're only names ffs.. surely it's quality of service and competitiveness that draws customers and not the name

In corporate Ireland, rebranding costs a fortune. What a momumental waste of money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

You'd be suprised. People are idiots don't you know?

Max Power Electricity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

The irish energy company whose employees get a pay raise whenever they feel like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Miss Ogyne

The ESB has confirmed that it will have to come up with a “very distinct” name for the company and is the process of utilising brand experts

I personally think it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper if they just started a competition for the public to come up with a new name and offer the winner 5 years free lecky rather than over paying some "Brand expert" who'll charge them a fortune to come up with some other name like "BSE" (Board Supplying Electricity) which will then be associated with mad cow disease and we'll all realize what mad ****ers we were for paying their prices in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

How's about Motherfcking Electricity?

Y'know... as in, I just got my Motherfcking Electricity bill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

How's about Motherfcking Electricity?

Y'know... as in, I just got my Motherfcking Electricity bill.

Best name so far, you have my vote!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

How about they make beer instead

Just curious but has anyone else noticed the google ad that appears at the top of the page when you open this thread?
    Airtricity IrelandNow Supplying Electricity & Gas. Switch Online & Start Saving More!

This just stinks of cheap advertisement lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

They'll most likely go for some Irish/green sounding new name.

Bothargreen electricity solutions Inc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Miss Ogyne wrote: »
    Just curious but has anyone else noticed the google ad that appears at the top of the page when you open this thread?

Google does that automatically because electricity is being discussed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

orourkeda wrote: »
    The irish energy company whose employees get a pay raise whenever they feel like it

Maybe you should apply for a job with them before they change to that,beat the mad rush.

Looks like the private sector chipping away at a semi state body, which is perfectly natural.That's how they operate,ruthless adherence to the principle of greed as goodness.

They will accept and or create any opportunity available or within their means, to get one over on a competitor, regardless of externalities.Once they have got your money, you are pretty much an externality, until you are in a position to give them more of your dough.

I think both companies should be left alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary.

"If you want to throw down, fine. I've got Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary waiting for you."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Max Power Electricity
    +1
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Cheech and Chong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Valdezzo Brothers Olive Oil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I kind of like the idea of buying electricity from the gas company

or maybe some company called Mr Sparky (or Sparkle) would sound good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What about ''Leccy Bord''?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

"Max Power Charge" - in more ways than one!

Miss Ogyne wrote: »

Funny mine's a language school for gays. :confused::confused::confused:
    And sumo suit hire.

Móna Power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Ryantricty the low fares provider :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Thuck_Fat

Ecogreen and Envirogas, to compete with Airtricity and all the low-I.Q. customers they are stealing...

Funny mine's a language school for gays. :confused::confused::confused:
    And sumo suit hire.

No not funny at all, if you are going to take pot shots at homosexuals and overweight people for the sake of a cheap laugh then at least look up the definition of the word "Funny" before using it in a sentence.

Mine's just come up with something that's "uniquely fun" ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

How much will this cost the state?

Bring back Network 2.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Father Ted Crilly National Energy Supply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

From where I type (well in the daytime), I can see 8 off shore wind turbines spinning around generating leccy. none of this goes into the grid.
    Some dispute with the ESB, Airtricity, General Electric and something about tax rebates has led to this.

Now rather than sort that out (best part of a decade) and build the other 193 that were supposed to be out there, they are going to rebrand instead?

Awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I kind of like the idea of buying electricity from the gas company

or maybe some company called Mr Sparky (or Sparkle) would sound good

ill sell you 40kws if you like

Sparks43 (honest geezer):P

Sparks43 wrote: »
    ill sell you 40kws if you like

Sparks43 (honest geezer):P

Aldi or Lidl will undercut you with one of their saturday specials, just remember to take a few bags with you. The charges there are shocking! :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

"Paddy Power"....Yes, the name is already in use by a bookmakers. But they both take most of your money, so they might as well merge. Would save a fortune on rebranding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kielmanator

Carlsberg-tricity.

We don't do electricity, but if we did, it would probably be the most expensive in the world.

runs away/

Advertisement