Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€5 for a can of heineken

Options
  • 28-08-2010 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭

Was in a karaoke bar on Capel Street last night. 8 pm. First ordered a €5 pint of guinness. Absolute muck. It was luke-warm and it took the barman about 10 minutes to get the head off it.

I asked for a cold beer and told the barman that the last pint was ****e, half expecting a freebee. I asked what the most popular draught is as I didn't want another luke-warm drink and he recommended a can of Heineken. I said ok and then he said "€5 please". I laughed in his face.

Totally unprofessional. I counted 7 people working there. Don't know how they make money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The cans in trinity are €2.40 each i think, or 4 for €8 cant go wrong. I wouldn't pay €5 either for a can

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This post has been deleted.
    I have seen it before, what is stranger is that people think it is strange! You buy bottles in pubs so why not cans?

When you think about it €5 is relatively quite good for the city centre, in many places a bottle of heineken is over €5 I remember (reluctantly) handing over €5.50 for a 330ml bottle of heineken -(stuck in a round, hate paying for longnecks). That works out at €8.33 for 500ml. Cans usually cost more than a longneck in an offie so I would expect a bar to charge more. It really illustrates what a rip off bottles are in comparison to pints. A mate of mine would actually prefer a can of heineken as it is brewed in holland and pints here are brewed here.

There was a thread about cans in pubs before
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055930309

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

A lot of rural pubs sell cans (although not at €5 a pop)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

rubadub wrote: »
    I have seen it before, what is stranger is that people think it is strange! You buy bottles in pubs so why not cans?

When you think about it €5 is relatively quite good for the city centre, in many places a bottle of heineken is over €5 I remember (reluctantly) handing over €5.50 for a 330ml bottle of heineken -(stuck in a round, hate paying for longnecks). That works out at €8.33 for 500ml. Cans usually cost more than a longneck in an offie so I would expect a bar to charge more. It really illustrates what a rip off bottles are in comparison to pints. A mate of mine would actually prefer a can of heineken as it is brewed in holland and pints here are brewed here.

There was a thread about cans in pubs before
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055930309

Heineken is muck whatever country you get it from ... Its the millions of euros of advertising that gets people to drink it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement