Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

reading material again.

• 28-08-2010 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭

Lately I have been reading Surfer Magazine 50 Years which I picked up in Waterstones a few weeks ago. There are some great photographs in there including a really nice portrait of a 17 or 18 year old Kelly Slater. Because the book bridges 50 years of one particular sport, it was interesting to look at the change in photography styles (not to mention the style in moustaches but that's a non-photographic matter).

Despite what you'd think, surf photography is not something I know a wholel ot about and because of the inherent risks involved, I'm not sure I'd go down the road of getting into it. Aspects of it are more and far more dangerous than kitesurf photography.

Anyway, the thing is, that book is being sold as a commentary on surfing as a sport so in Waterstones you find it under sports, although in Hodge Figgis today I found it under travel. But I bought it specifically for the purposes of looking at its content from a photographic point of view and one thing struck and it's this: there is no way in hell Surfer Magazine or any similar magazine (I like Surfers Path and surf europe as well) if it were not for photography. I'm pretty certain of that.

I was wondering what books other people had read lately that inspired them photographically. That's all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Dirt magazine for Mountain biking and Dig/Ridebmx mag for bmx.

Also flick through some of my sisters fashion magazines to try guess the light set up :P

Advertisement