Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartphone Plans

Options
  • 28-08-2010 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I want to buy either an Android powered phone or an iphone.I am prepared to be a billpay customer up to about 28 euro per month. However, 02 will only sell these phones on a bill of 40 per month or higher.

Does anybody have any advice on how to get one of these phones at a reasonable monthly bill with a data addon.

GF

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

You want a smartphone on a contract plan for €28 a month (€7 a week)?

Good luck with that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I have the desire on o2 on month to month bill pay for €20 (simplicity) + €7.50 data. Bought the phone unsubsided though for €400 so you have to pay somewhere.
    O2 also have the advance 150 on month to month for €35 on sim only

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I want to buy either an Android powered phone or an iphone.I am prepared to be a billpay customer up to about 28 euro per month. However, 02 will only sell these phones on a bill of 40 per month or higher.

Does anybody have any advice on how to get one of these phones at a reasonable monthly bill with a data addon.

GF

go meteor...bill pay smart 30 euro a month 18 month contract 200 mins and 200 texts + 1gb +free texts and calls to meteor...

this is as close as you will get...

rip off ireland after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

go meteor...bill pay smart 30 euro a month 18 month contract 200 mins and 200 texts + 1gb +free texts and calls to meteor...

this is as close as you will get...

rip off ireland after all :)

3's 100 euro porting offer is still running and there also offering free sky sports for a year when you go for a Galaxy. You can get 2GB of internet, 350 Minutes and 150 texts + free 3 to 3 calls.
    It's 40 euro per month. But when you throw in the 100 euro porting offer the total contract price is only 60 euro dearer than meteor when you include the cost of the phone but your getting a proper 3G network, skype, msn, and sky sports don't eat into your data allowance either and the 2G can be used for tethering.
    I've used the galaxy on both networks, there's no comparison.

tbh i think meteors 3G network speeds are much better if your living in a city locations

i tested several times via tethering internet over the phone with meteor and usb modem from 3 in the same location at the same time over a couple of times...usualy meteor supplies with a decent 2 mb speed where as three struggles to dish out even 0.5 mb

ofc 3 has a wider 3G coverage but their speeds are slow and ****...+++++ no amount of money can compensate the hair you will pull out of your head dealing with their customer care

• Advertisement

You need a better modem;), Meteor have hardly any 3G network, if you live in a city and never intent to move around grand, outside that forget it though. Also well documented problems with android on meteor.

You need a better modem;), Meteor have hardly any 3G network, if you live in a city and never intent to move around grand, outside that forget it though. Also well documented problems with android on meteor.

lmao show me a better modem by any carrier in ireland?

using 3 mifi modem...its as good as it gets :S

and im using android on meteor and never had a problem with the coverage issue every one is talking about

The galaxy is very quick as a modem works a lot simpler than a mifi, the new b206a router is also very quick. If your only getting those speeds on a mifi I'd be hammering tech support about contention. Get a few neighbour together to do the same thing, they need to increase capacity in your area.

well i was hammering customer care...one of them even hung up on me...

kept trying to tell me that ive some sort of limitation in my house (even though ive got full coverage right beside the windows)

so made a complaint to them...my contract is due to end in December i think so i will take out o2 broadband for a test run...

i could get Eircom but **** that...its like owning an iPhone...everything is not allowed or limited :) rather stick with 0.50 speed during the summer than get eircom :D

Head into to your local 3 store they may be able to push it through from their end, you can't be the only person having the slow speeds, if they get 3 customers details together they can do something about it.
    See can you borrow a b206 off somebody, the reception seems really good on them, worth checking out if your not getting fixed line from Eircom.
    Have you no meteor 3G at home, would .5mb from 3 still not be 2 or 3 times quicker on your phone than meteor edge ; )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gogo.ie

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

nope i live in a rural area :)

and no meteor 3G at home...just got edge upstairs...

i compared the Mobile Broadband Speed In longford and dublin and meteor has always been able to sustain a higher speed

LMAO your joking? going to a shop to ask for support? most of the staff are retarded little brats...if your not buying they have no interest in helping you...all they tell ya is to ring customer care yourself...and 3 is well known for retarded customer care...thats alot of retardation from 3's side :)

it has been a very rare thing to get 7.2mb that 3 offers...only got 6.7 once i think which was around 4 am in the morning :S

during the day you wont climb more than 0.5...maybe 0.7...

Well that's how you get something to happen and that's talking from a lot of experience helping people with your problem.
    Treating people like retards will not solve your problem, they'll just think your a retard ; )

oh after 2 years of being nice and patient i cant take it anymore...

what good are the customer care if they read the same thing out of the book every time...

i memorized thier troubleshooting for modems cause they say the exact same thing when your ring them (btw it never helps)

3 customer care = real human answering machines ;)

Advertisement