Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random Unexpected Bits of Humour

• 28-08-2010 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

Just passed by the living room, the tv was on Sky News and they were running a bit on Paris Hilton having been arrested this morning and then released. The newsreader was being as serious and professional as always, but the headline along the bottom read "Paris Liberated."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

In a similar vein, but not so recent, Sky News were reporting live from Rome when Pope John Paul II died, talking about the amount of people queueing to see him lying in state.

At one point, there were some rather upset peoples in view of the camera, and the presenter said (in very slow sombre tones)
    "the Pope......lying dead.......still able to move.........the people!! Still able to move the people!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

My OH was telling me a story of times gone by and he mentioned a stinging nettle in part of it, I interrupted him and said “are there different types of nettle, most nettles I know sting” (I know there are various genus and spices of nettles out there, but this was general conversation). He said no, a stinging nettle, so it evolves that he has used the unnecessary adjective ‘stinging’ before nettle for his entire life.

We spent the rest of the night with this one. “Is that a drinking water? Is that an eating sandwich? Is that a wearing t-shirt? Is that a hungry Taoiseach?”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I bought a pair of running shoes a little while ago, and on the side of the box it says:

"Average contents: 2"

:pac:

(made me laugh anyway:))

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

snack time during the flight, the packet of nuts had the following instructions..

"open packet, eat nuts"

so I did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The nuts they give you on planes also say on the packet 'May contain traces of nuts' :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

"the bee sharps!

hahaha...............................................................................................................

ah your all under arrest! "

cracks me up every time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

In penneys a while back, I looked at a woman, and for whatever reason, thought "LAUGH!" She then randomly burst in to laughter. I cracked up ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I was reading a thread on 9/11 on another internet forum. It had a picture of the NY skyline in smoke and underneath it said: CNN BREAKING NEWS: Marijuana legalized in New York.

I know it's horrible, but I found it funny.

Advertisement