Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive Midland Market

Options
  • 28-08-2010 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up that there was a "Massive Midland" flea-style market up in Clonminam industrial estate, in Kieley's haulage yard, next to Fiele Foods.

There's a good selection of stalls selling the usual clothes, workwear, ornaments, toys, furniture, and the usual bric-a-brac. It seems likely to become a regular event like those held in Clara and Kilkenny.

Very well organised unlike some markets. An ordinary stall space costs €25 if you're selling. Free toilet facilities and tons of parking, both free and paid (€3) which is watched over by security guards, who also patrol the rest of the market.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Whens it on? I'm presuming Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Its on Saturdays, was there this weekend, the word massive is not something id apply to it, but it is very clean and tidy. It only took about twenty minutes to go around it tho. Seems its going to be a regular thing, so it might take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

So, how's this working out? Haven't bothered going, but have seen the signs around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

I was up there about a month and a half ago and wasnt to impressed. Not many stalls, 90% of which looked like people just grabbed crap from their houses and tried to sell it. That being said it had only started a week or two before so there could be more stalls now with better stuff. Might pop up again for a nose. It was grand and spacious and clean too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

adser53 wrote: »
    Not many stalls, 90% of which looked like people just grabbed crap from their houses and tried to sell it.

Don't people know there's Ebay for that! :pac:

• Advertisement

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

I haven't been to the one in Clonminham....but of the people I've spoken to about it, not one has said anything postive.

I think most folks are going to the Saturday market in Mountrath now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Was there much electronics stuff at it?

None that I saw when I was there but there might be now

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭joe_dunne

I went the other week but wasn't overly impressed to be honest. Having to pay in was a bit of a joke too.

Joe
    Bujinkan Portlaoise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

I haven't been to the one in Clonminham....but of the people I've spoken to about it, not one has said anything postive.

I think most folks are going to the Saturday market in Mountrath now.
    What's the one in mountrath like?

So far so good!

Loads of stalls, great variety, and plenty of people about.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mamakitten

I went to the Portlaoise one a few weeks back and it was rubbish.....literally

jonas7 wrote: »
    What's the one in mountrath like?

Just read on Facebook that Mountrath Market is holding a Christmas market tomorrow(Weds) & Thursday.

Advertisement