Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M9 cycle September 4th

• 28-08-2010 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

Randomly found
    M9 Motorway Cycle
    Cycle along the new M9 Carlow/ Kilkenny Motorway on the 4th September for a great cause! www.hiberniacyclingtours.ie Hibernia Cycling Tours (www.hiberniacyclingtours.ie) in association with the Children’s Medical and Research Foundation – CMRF (www.cmrf.org) are delighted to announce details of a very special charity cycle this September. Open to all cyclists no matter what your level or ability, the CMRF M9 Motorway Spin takes place on Saturday the 4th of September at 3pm. This is a fantastic opportunity to cycle the new section of motorway from Danesfort in Kilkenny to Leighlinbridge in Carlow before it opens to traffic. In doing so you will help raise much needed funds for the children’s Medical & Research Foundation at Our Lady’s Hospital in Crumlin. All proceeds raised on the day will go directly to the Children’s Medical & Research Foundation (CMRF) Why not join in this unique event for this very worthy cause? You and your family can enjoy traffic free cycling on smooth motorway surfaces in a friendly environment. Whether you cycle daily or once a year everybody is welcome to participate for this worthy cause. Starting at 3pm sharp registration will be from 1.30pm onwards in Danesfort Community Centre on the 4th September. The distances available to cycle on the day are: 1.15km Family Spin 1 parent €25 with children €5 extra each 2.40km Novice Spin Beginners Spin €25 3.90km Sportive Kilkenny – Carlow - out and back spin €25 All proceeds raised on the day will go directly to the Children’s Medical & Research Foundation (CMRF)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭8119tm

link
    Elizabeth Kavanagh http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=149511421743998#!/event.php?eid=149511421743998&ref=ts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭mfdc

3.9km? That's got to be a typo, surely. Not much of a sportive if it's over in 8 minutes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mfdc wrote: »
    3.9km? That's got to be a typo, surely. Not much of a sportive if it's over in 8 minutes.

Yeah has to be a mistake as must the other distances mentioned
    The distances available to cycle on the day are: 1.15km Family Spin 1 parent €25 with children €5 extra each 2.40km Novice Spin Beginners Spin €25 3.90km Sportive

It mentions Carlow and back which would put it at approx 60km afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

The details are:

41792_149511421743998_752_n.jpg

M9 Motorway Spin

Your Last chance to cycle the New Motorway from
    Danesfort, Kilkenny to Leighlinbridge, Carlow
    Saturday 4th Sept 2010 @ 3.00pm

in aid of

The Children's Medical & Research Foundation,
    Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin

15Km Family spin
    40Km Novice Spin
    90 Km Sportive spin

Sign in, on the day, from 1.30pm at Danesfort Community Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Milan Cobian

Yeah has to be a mistake as must the other distances mentioned

Insert a space between the full stop and the distance and it makes more sense. There are 3 options:
    1. 15km
    2. 40km
    3. 90km

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

I'm in. Seeing as it's local.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ktz84

Is this Kilkenny -> Carlow -> Kilenny because all that suggets just Kilkenny to Carlow however that can't be 90km?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

ktz84 wrote: »
    Is this Kilkenny -> Carlow -> Kilenny because all that suggets just Kilkenny to Carlow however that can't be 90km?
    90km Sportive Kilkenny – Carlow - out and back spin €25

It'll probably be 45km up and 45km back (so not all the way to Carlow).

I might be on for this if I can work out the logistics of getting there. Would be nice to get more info about food stops etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ktz84

penexpers wrote: »
    It'll probably be 45km up and 45km back (so not all the way to Carlow).

I might be on for this if I can work out the logistics of getting there. Would be nice to get more info about food stops etc..

Thanks - missed that out & back bit on the poster. That would suit me more. Will have to see if I can get down for that one then :D

Was sorry I missed the Waterford one when it was on when they were opening that section but just didn't suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mack 1

Cycled from Danesfort to end of motorway it was 61.5 km up and back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

So where are they possibly getting the 90km distance from so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭john__long

I'll be heading to it with one of my buddys.

Just got me a Giant Defy 4 so must get some milage up on it!

Plus from hall and back to reg approx another 3 to 4 km

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Will this be a hammerfest or just a casual ride? Don't think I'll be able to make it as I have to head to Sligo (strangely late start time btw), but if there's talk of a hammerfest goin on I may just have to find a way :)

I'm still in the mood for a thrash after the sky ride and seeing as it starts so late it will have to be a hammerfest or my wife will kill me for not doing enough childcare when she gets back from work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

I'll be doing this toaday if the weather is not too wet & windy.
    First "proper" spin with my son.
    I'll be wearing the new boards.ie kit... say hello :D

The weather is a bit damp, but its not raining too much and given that its a new road I'm expecting that we don't get sprayed in mud and cow sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Did this go through Naas ? Saw a large number of cats cycling through the town at around 13:00 today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Gavin wrote: »
    Did this go through Naas ? Saw a large number of cats cycling through the town at around 13:00 today

Think there was a group of people from Kilkenny cycling up to Dublin for the match tomorrow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

There was a crowd cycling up to Dublin. Were they on high nellies this year or on normal(ish) bikes?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Gavin wrote: »

Went nowhere near Naas but a good spin none the less..

anyone know how motorway cycle went

Advertisement