Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats ..

Options
  • 28-08-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

I have a repeat exam on monday and I'm just wondering how it is possible to pass it. I did not do a CA during the year for it so how does it work with grading my repeat paper? (50/50%)

Do I need to achieve nearly full marks to get a pass ?
    or
    Does your CA not count at all if repeating a module?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

HungryJoey wrote: »
    I have a repeat exam on monday and I'm just wondering how it is possible to pass it. I did not do a CA during the year for it so how does it work with grading my repeat paper? (50/50%)

Do I need to achieve nearly full marks to get a pass ?
    or
    Does your CA not count at all if repeating a module?

You need to ask your lecture all these questions ,
    For instance ,

I have an exam deferal myself on Monday : I have 10% going into it out of 20%
    My paper is worth 80% which means i need to get 30% of it to pass. 30/80 which means that there is 100marks for the paper , i need to get 37.5 to pass my exam :-)

Hope that makes sense , and really you should be aware of all this before heading into an exam , I dont think anyone on here will be able to answer your question outright.

Advertisement