Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love to the parents of deceased

Options
  • 28-08-2010 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

I have just heard this news and it has frightened the life out of me. God help the parents of this poor child, I don't know how anyone could cope with this. Close to where I am from this has shocked me to the bone. I can't believe this can happen on our doorstep, its something you hear about of far away.

Thankfully there is someone in custody, hopefully they have the right person, parents watch your kids. All my prayers and love to this family.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0828/dublin1.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Jesus. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

It also says alot for the parents who lets ther 12 year old child "step out" at midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Can this not turn into a bash the parents thread, please. A tragedy has happened, ok not all of us would allow a 12 yr old step out at midnight but still, they have suffered a terrible loss that nobody deserves and I'd hate for any of their friends or family to stumble across a thread slating them. Best wishes to them.

Dont get me wrong I am gutted for the parents of that child and give my condolences but they are responsible for that childs safety

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

True but tragedies happen and this is no time to point fingers at the parents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Condolences to the parents, family and friends of this poor child.......:(

Questions of course will have to be asked but that is for a later stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

At times like this, I hate boards.ie. The thread in After Hours is an absolute disgrace. I bet most of the people lambasting the parents of the child are the same ones who also give out on other threads about how kids are wrapped in cotton wool these days. Feckin keyboard warrior idiots will swarm all over this one long before finding out the facts.

Ludo wrote: »
    At times like this, I hate boards.ie. The thread in After Hours is an absolute disgrace. I bet most of the people lambasting the parents of the child are the same ones who also give out on other threads about how kids are wrapped in cotton wool these days. Feckin keyboard warrior idiots will swarm all over this one long before finding out the facts.

The Parents would not be Lambasted as you say if it wasn't mentioned in the paper the the child had told her parents she was stepping out for a few minutes at midnight

Do you find it acceptable for this to happen .

Would you let your child do this ?

If you think im being a keyboard warrior and my factis wrong report me to a MOD

In AH everyone has accused the parents of neglect which what i believe led to the fact of the child being murdered

WIZE wrote: »
    In AH everyone has accused the parents of neglect which what i believe led to the fact of the child being murdered

Oh right...the actual killer had nothing to do with it? Most people have conveniently ignored him/her.

The Parents would not be Lambasted as you say if it wasn't mentioned in the paper the the child had told her parents she was stepping out for a few minutes at midnight

Do you find it acceptable for this to happen .

Would you let your child do this ?

All of what you are saying is well and good but could you not wait for a day or two or at least until the reasons for letting the child out of the house at 12am come to light!!!

I've no idea why she would've been let out and for that reason cannot speculate as to the parenting skills of the parents at this stage. For all we know there could have been a 21st party of her Aunt living a few doors down or perhaps her grandparents who lived across the road were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary..............Who knows????

At the same time the parents could've been high on drugs whilst slugging out of cans whilst watching MTV!!!!!!!!!!

THE POINT IS WE DON'T YET KNOW SO WE SHOULD HOLD OFF ON THE ACCUSATIONS UNTIL MORE IS KNOWN.....

Only my 2c's

• Advertisement

Ludo wrote: »
    Oh right...the actual killer had nothing to do with it? Most people have conveniently ignored him/her.

The murderer has everything to do with it but we dont have any facts on him/her . A 19 year old was arrested

Ludo please answer me this please

1. Do you find it acceptable and safe to let a 12 year old out at midnight ?
    2. Do you think this Child would be dead if the parents had not allowed her out at night ?

And be honest with your answers

goat2 wrote: »
    i guess the child sneaked out of the house while the parents back was turned, easy happen, could have been lured out by someone

The irish times reported the she told her parents at midnight she was stepping out

All of what you are saying is well and good but could you not wait for a day or two or at least until the reasons for letting the child out of the house at 12am come to light!!!

I've no idea why she would've been let out and for that reason cannot speculate as to the parenting skills of the parents at this stage. For all we know there could have been a 21st party of her Aunt living a few doors down or perhaps her grandparents who lived across the road were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary..............Who knows????

At the same time the parents could've been high on drugs whilst slugging out of cans whilst watching MTV!!!!!!!!!!

THE POINT IS WE DON'T YET KNOW SO WE SHOULD HOLD OFF ON THE ACCUSATIONS UNTIL MORE IS KNOWN.....

Only my 2c's

I know this is your thread and I will stop posting in it . You can request my posts are deleted .

No matter the reason for the child being out of the house, and whether we agree with it or not, death should not be a consequence of it.

You have no facts about why the child "stepped out" either yet have no problem having a very strong opinion on it.

No, I wont answer your questions as I know nothing about the facts.

I know this is your thread and I will stop posting in it . You can request my posts are deleted .

:confused:

Of course this isn't my thread!!!

I'm only asking that we try to reserve judgement on parents whose child has been murdered it seems, until more facts surrounding the evening come to light.

By all means, keep posting whichever way you feel fitting:)

EDIT: I think you may have mistaken me for the OP...

:confused:

Of course this isn't my thread!!!

I'm only asking that we try to reserve judgement on parents whose child has been murdered it seems, until more facts surrounding the evening come to light.

By all means, keep posting whichever way you feel fitting:)

EDIT: I think you may have mistaken me for the OP...

haha sorry i thought you were the OP :o

Still im finished discussing this . Ive given my opinion which is only an opinion .

haha sorry i thought you were the OP :o

Still im finished discussing this . Ive given my opinion which is only an opinion .

No problem WIZE:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I have just heard this news and it has frightened the life out of me. God help the parents of this poor child, I don't know how anyone could cope with this. Close to where I am from this has shocked me to the bone. I can't believe this can happen on our doorstep, its something you hear about of far away.

Thankfully there is someone in custody, hopefully they have the right person, parents watch your kids. All my prayers and love to this family.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0828/dublin1.html

It is awful :(
    Condolences and love to the family :(

If he is right person,will they lock him up and throw away the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

yes for a short time. Minus some time for no reason. About 7 years in total i'd guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hate when these threads turn into bashing. Nobody knows the full story. The kid may have stormed out of the house or have told them she was going to a nearby friend's house.

Every parent's worst nightmare to think that their child died violently. Poor kid. x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Feckin strange I tell you. I have an 11 year son (12 in January) and I just cannot contemplate why the child was out with no family guidance even if she did storm out of the house, you don't just leave them to it at midnight! There is parental responsibility here even if those do not want to believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Everyone is focusing on the fact that the parents let this girl out at midnight. While, it is not wise to let a 12 year old out at midnight, most people forbid for reasons such as, its a school night, there are drunks on the street, its dark and the cars mightn't see you [in the country], etc etc. Not because they might get murdered. I think parental responsibility is a part o this, but a small part of it.

What happened to her could have happened at any time of day or night.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Of course it could although there is a huge difference in the probability of it happening. Saying stuff like '**** happens' and 'we all did silly things when we were young' is a cop out imo and it does a total disservice to responsible parenting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Feckin strange I tell you. I have an 11 year son (12 in January) and I just cannot contemplate why the child was out with no family guidance even if she did storm out of the house, you don't just leave them to it at midnight! There is parental responsibility here even if those do not want to believe it.
    It's not a case of people not wanting to believe it, just that we don't have the full facts and maybe it's a bit early to be gleefully orchestrating a witch hunt against two people whose child's life was ended sharply a couple of days ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm not denying there is parental responsibility: I would never let a 12 year old at that time but I'm just saying a) I don't know all the facts b) here isn't the time to debate it.

Whatever the charge of irresponsibility, what happened is certainly of enough horrible consequence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I feel sick after hearing this. My condolances to the parents, family and friends of this girl.

And I was only thinking recently how great it was that there hadn't been child kidnappings and murders reported in Ireland in a long time.

A horrific way to lose a child - the poor, poor parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

dr ro wrote: »
    yes for a short time. Minus some time for no reason. About 7 years in total i'd guess.

It should be,for every year that poor child or person lost in their future they should be locked up :mad:
    I heard on late news last night he turned himself in to the Garda with another guy.
    There is guilt of something there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

stovelid wrote: »
    Whatever the charge of irresponsibility, what happened is certainly of enough horrible consequence.
    Exactly. They are being punished enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Jaysus. Pretty shocked at what this thread descended into and so quickly.

• Advertisement

Khannie wrote: »
    Jaysus. Pretty shocked at what this thread descended into and so quickly.

The thing is Khannie

We are not being given the chance to express opinions about this

Any time the parents are mentioned the threads get locked

Its strange because if this happened in the UK everyone would be able to discuss it

But because its closer to home we should only say RIP and lock up the murdering bastard .

Advertisement