Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone/iPod/Android Mobile Phone App

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Isnt a bookmark to 'your esb account online' the same thing really?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Fnergg

I think ESB's Account Online service does all the app does and more. You can view two years bill details, get your current balance, submit meter readings etc. Far more useful, in my view.

Still, congrats to BGE for developing the app. While it may be of limited use it certainly has garnered a lot of kudos for them and further cements their image as a forward thinking and "tuned-in to the zeitgeist" company.

ESB Customer Supply needs to be a bit more innovative and quick to market as far as customer offerings are concerned. Otherwise, it will be seen as the Microsoft to BGE's Apple.

And here's a suggestion for an application that many customers would find useful:

A calculator on the website whereby you enter the last billed reading and date and the current reading and date and it tells you the charges incurred since the last bill. A link to the Laser payment option would then allow customers to keep on top of their bills. Anyone with Excel skills could develop that in a thrice.

(My invoice for €35,716.45 plus VAT in respect of this consultancy service is in the post).

Regards,

Fnergg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Hi Kceire,

We are constantly looking at new ways to serve our customers. Although we do not currently have an 'app for that' as the apple ad goes, our online billing service is a great way of managing your account online.

As Davy mentioned, you can bookmark the account page on your iPhone/Smartphone for quick access.

It allows you to do the following online
    • Pay your bills online by Laser card or direct debit
    • Securely store up to two years of bills
    • Monitor your electricity usage
    • If you receive an estimated bill, you can submit a meter reading and request an updated one at any time
    • Your bill, usage and payment history, all stored in one secure place
    • Check your next bill date Manage multiple electricity accounts
    and along with this you will have no more paper bills!

You can sign up for your online account here.

Many thanks
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

Cool little app to be sure, have it on my iphone.
    Fnergg wrote: »
    And here's a suggestion for an application that many customers would find useful:

A calculator on the website whereby you enter the last billed reading and date and the current reading and date and it tells you the charges incurred since the last bill. A link to the Laser payment option would then allow customers to keep on top of their bills. Anyone with Excel skills could develop that in a thrice.

You should patent that before BG steal it and use it to update their app! I won't be crying if they do though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Fnergg

Priori wrote: »

You should patent that before BG steal it and use it to update their app! I won't be crying if they do though. ;)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do.

Vodafone have such a service on their website - you can check charges incurred since your last bill and I think it is very useful.

And it would be a simple application to develop: all you need is the date and reading of your last bill and the current date and reading. You would also need the code on the bill which indicates if you are an urban or rural customer (the standing charges are different).

A simple Excel formula would do the job.

Regards,

Fnergg

• Advertisement
Advertisement