Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renmore Panto

Options
  • 28-08-2010 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Heya,
    Just wondering if anyone has been involved in the panto group in Renmore? Just wondering how many nights they rehearse when it gets up and running? Is it difficult to get involved? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

nimhbal wrote: »
    Heya,
    Just wondering if anyone has been involved in the panto group in Renmore? Just wondering how many nights they rehearse when it gets up and running? Is it difficult to get involved? Thanks

http://www.renmorepantomime.com/

When you say involved, do you mean as a dancer/singer or someone in the background (costumes/make-up/stage/etc). I'm NOT involved but know people who are and by god are they busy people come showtime and before!! Even the smurfs (the little chorus line kids) have performances the week they have school so they are often wrecked, but love it so. Someone might be able to give more advice, but seems to me it's like a full time job!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

It depends on what you want to get involved in. It's easy to get involved one way or another if you're not picky. However, if you want to get involved in being a front-line principal or chorus member, it's a bit more competitive.

Auditions for principals, dancers and singers will be held in the last week of September, as you'll see from LadyMayBelle's link.

I haven't been involved for the last few years, but was involved in one capacity or another for about 8 years. I would highly recommend the experience, they're a fantastic group to work with for the most part. It is very tiring, it's a very fast pace especially at weekends with 5 shows in the space of 3 days. But I have very fond memories of it and the people you meet along the way are some of the best you'll ever meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nimhbal

Thanks guys, tbh would love to get involved as a dancer, but have no experience and prob loads more qualified than me applying!! Will head along anyway and see would't mind helping out behind the scenes too.

Advertisement