Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice?

Options
  • 28-08-2010 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,just looking for some help..I miscarried early in my pregnancy in may, and was told by the doctor that my period would be a bit late and it was,I got them in mid july,that wasn't a surprise. however since then we have been trying and i haven't got my period since.I have taken 3 home pregnancy tests and my doctor also took bloods but all results have been negative.I'm now over 3 weeks late and beginning to worry something else may be the problem.I'm going to visit my doctor monday but any help or advice in the meantime would be appreciated,thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Your periods can be all over the place for the first while after a miscarriage. I would not worry too much. Its only 3 months since you miscarried and they may not have settled down yet. A trip to the doctor will put your mind at ease and hopefully resolve any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

You cycle can and will be all over the place for a little while, put it down to hormones and your emotions! Your GP will put your mind at rest but what you are experiencing is very normal. I think it took 8 weeks to get a period after my mc. But then 3 irregular cycles later I was pregnant again with my little girl and everything went well.

I'm sorry for your loss and I hope things go well for you soon :)

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dublingirl01

Hi,
    Firstly, i'm so sorry for your loss . .xx
    I had a miscarraige myself a while ago & i know how awful it is, hope you are ok xx

It takes your body approx 3 cycles to get itself back to normal again so whats happening at the moment is perfectly normal. A trip down to your GP will put your mind at rest.
    Good luck xxx

Advertisement