Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VETERINARY NURSING in AIT

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

is there not a course starting this year? have you already applied for next year?

There is but you have next to no hope of securing a place one month before the semester begins. CAO applicants have had their places booked since January. They usually have a small amount of places reserved for mature students who can prove dedication and interest during interviews, but at this stage you'll likely be waiting until next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Peanut I don't know of anyone who went to do veterinary in UCD after doing the vet nursing in AIT but I don't know much about it. I have a feeling that you would have to have completed 4 years in AIT giving you a level 8 degree in order to qualify though for graduate entry. Quite a few people have gone in to do veterinary in Budapest or Slovakia though but I know that's not much use to you. You could email UCD and ask them about their requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tracysylvia

Hi guys im looking to maybe do this course in 2014 bit nervous about it i be apply as a mature student in the middle of doing an animal care course. I wondering about grants and the BTEA do they pay the contribution fee and still get your weekly allowance or how does all this grant stuff work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Peanutbrowne

BTEA is paid weekly you get €500 a year towards fees and books etc, and then in summer you go back on job seekers so your covered if you can't find work. BTEA is given for the duration of your coarse :-)

And what about the contribution fee?? When dp mature students apply for this course

Can you pm peanutbrowne

When do mature students apply for the 2014 course. Do you know if the BTEA pay the college contribution fee and a weekly payment id never survive otherwise lol i know they pay a weekly payment but the 2500 contribution fee though i heard you apply for that with the social welfare to.

The book allowance is gone. I get BTEA but that has nothing to do with the college fees, you'll have to apply to SUSI to see if you are eligible for their grant.

When do mature students apply for the 2014 course. .

You can apply now online on the CAO website. Think closing date is February but I can't remember.

• Advertisement
Advertisement