Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Good Co-op Campaigns

• 28-08-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    the OH is starting to take an interest in gaming, and i'm obviously trying to encourage it . I was going through my games collection trying to find a good co-op campaign mode but i've feck all. Thought she might enjoy MW2, but no co-op. Same with BC2. So i'm wondering do any of ye have any recommendations that might be good. Was thinking GOW but that might be a bit much to start with.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

budhabob wrote: »
    Thought she might enjoy MW2, but no co-op.

Rob

What do you mean, there is co-op in mw2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭budhabob

is there?a co-op campaign/story mode? I cant find it anywhere! I'm not big into xbox live playing, but like playing through story mode in cop-op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I'd go with GOW, got the wife playing part 2 last year and think it was one of the few games she actually enjoyed and got the hang of quick enough that she didn't get frustrated and stop playing.

Meatwad wrote: »
    I'd go with GOW, got the wife playing part 2 last year and think it was one of the few games she actually enjoyed and got the hang of quick enough that she didn't get frustrated and stop playing.

Ya, she's giving MW2 a go at the min, and think frustration is starting to kick in. Might give GOW a go so. Just ordered army of 2 there online, so that might be worth a go when it arrives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

budhabob wrote: »
    is there?a co-op campaign/story mode? I cant find it anywhere! I'm not big into xbox live playing, but like playing through story mode in cop-op.

Yeah, don't click on campaign when you turn the game on, go across to multiplayer and click on co-op. The missions are not the same from the full story mode but a different set of missions set on the same maps from the campaign. It's pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Try Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2, both excellent games. Pretty sure Ghost Recons have it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lego games are cheep and cheerful and great in co-op , I'd go with Lego Indiana Jones though as I found it to be the best of them in terms of variety and slightly less childish and more challenging than saw starwars or batman.

Fable 2 can be played by 2 people if I recall, and is a great game.

Resident Evil 5 has co-op - didnt like it personally though.

Rainbow 6 games are good and are co-op

Thing that puts me off local co-op is if there is a split screen, I just find it too distracting :(

Thanks for the replies. Found this aswell. So theres a few things that I have that we can play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Halo all the way baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

GoW 1 & 2
    Left4Dead can be good too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

Halo all the way baby

What he said, halo is defo the best co op to start her on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Surprised no-one has suggested Borderlands yet, so I'll suggest it myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Saints row 2 has a great campaign plus its free roam :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light on XBLA. Its full screen (not annoying split screen ), and you both have to work together to figure out and work through the puzzles.

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Saints row 2 has a great campaign plus its free roam :D

Good call, that could be very good fun.

Mr E wrote: »
    Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light on XBLA. Its full screen (not annoying split screen ), and you both have to work together to figure out and work through the puzzles.

Ya, I've read good reviews on this, and she's a fan of puzzles so could be onto a winner here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

If she likes puzzles then I would suggest portal. Fantastic game.
    Other than that halo 3 is brilliant in co-op mode.

Advertisement