Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I switch from Eircom to UPC?

• 28-08-2010 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Right now I am on the top home package with eircom .. 8MB "NGB" with phone . I think its €67 a month..?

Heres a speed test taken a few minutes ago - 931744362.png

I was getting 7MB and 43ms ping a few weeks ago but slowly getting worse:confused:

Im looking at the UPC Ultimate Package which has 30mb fibre , Phone and tv.

Im in tallaght (aylesbury) so wondering if i would actually get my 30mb or close enough as some have posted here..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No telling what you'd actually get, but it's definitely worth trying. Maybe get UPC in first, give it a week and see how it goes. If all goes well, then cancel eircom. If it's not working, or is very poor, then cancel UPC and you still have eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stesh

Yes. Yes you should. End of discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Yes.

I'd take two tins of beans and a piece of string over Eircon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 foxglo

Hi LpPepper

I'd love to know did you switch to UPC and if so what speeds are you getting now and are you happy with their service?, or did you stay with Eircom and are you still getting those same speeds as you posted 20 Aug 2010, I have to make a decision in the next couple of months to go with Eircom or UPC or maybe some other company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There are enough active threads on UPC already, with more than enough information to make that decision an easy one, without having to drag this one up.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement