Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So have I bricked my linksys?

Options
  • 29-08-2010 12:38am
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I'll give a quick run down, have a linksys wrt54g7 v7, it had the standard firmware that came with it. I wanted to update it to the dd-wrt firmware.
    So I had given the website a good read, an I read this installation
    http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation#Choosing_the_Correct_Firmware_-_Extremely_Important

So I did the 30/30/30 reset & connected to the modem ip & got a modem config page, with an option to installed a firmware. So I put the vxworkskillerGSv7-v3.bin firmware into the box & continued. So it worked away for a few mins & nothing happened
    So now when I plug the modem in I have no power light, the lan lights still come up if I plug Ethernet into it an into the laptop & just the lan light blinks, but can't connect or ping the modem. so is it useless to me now?

Comments

Advertisement