Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I mad?

Options
  • 29-08-2010 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Flying into Dublin next saturday (4th september) from Geneva and arriving in Dublin at 5.00pm according to Aer Lingus.

Is there any way I'd make the train at 5.25 from Heuston to Limerick? I know, it sounds crazy, but I'm only home for a day and then back again so I want to make the most of the time I have.

I've only got hand luggage so no waiting around for bags..

Thanks in advance for yere replies!

Cul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

What train station is it leaving from? I'd say minimum time you could do it in is 20 mins. M50 for heuston. swords road, Collins avenue, malahide road for connelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

Sorry its Heuston! Still looking at 20 minutes you reckon?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Chances are the flight will be in a little earlier...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Thuck_Fat

I'm pretty sure arrival times are for when the plane actually touches down. So, assuming it's on time (not likely), and you miraculously make it out of the airport in 5 minutes, you only have 20 mins to get from the airport to town. During rush-hour no doubt. The only way I could achieve this is on my bicycle. Ie no taxi or bus would get you there on time. Sorry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Sorry but its not gonna happen. Your plane lands at 5. , its gonna be 10 mins to get off the plane unless you are near an exit then 5-10 mins to get through passport control. That leaves you with 5 mins to get a taxi and get to heusten.....Impossible i'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

There's a JJ Kavanagh bus service from Dublin airport to Limerick. They have a bus leaving at 1715 for Limerick which gets in to Limerick at 2135 (even getting that bus is touch and go). The next train leaves Heuston at 1800, but even getting that is unlikely - I imagine you're best to get the 1900 train which gets you into Limerick at 2125 (ie ten minutes earlier than Kavanagh's bus).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

cul-2008 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Flying into Dublin next saturday (4th september) from Geneva and arriving in Dublin at 5.00pm according to Aer Lingus.

Is there any way I'd make the train at 5.25 from Heuston to Limerick? I know, it sounds crazy, but I'm only home for a day and then back again so I want to make the most of the time I have.

I've only got hand luggage so no waiting around for bags..

Thanks in advance for yere replies!

Cul.

Not a hope. The earliest that you are going to be outside the front door of the airport is 5.15, depending on which pier you arrive on and the queues at immigration.

Realistically it'll be 5.20/5.25.

With a fast taxi you might make the 1800 train but the 1900 is more realistic.
    Thuck_Fat wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure arrival times are for when the plane actually touches down.

A flight is timed gate to gate - touchdown time is irrelevant. Something a certain Mr O'Leary is rather ignorant of!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Not a chance of making that train

There are buses that go from Dublin Airport to Limerick, get one of these

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    What train station is it leaving from? I'd say minimum time you could do it in is 20 mins. M50 for heuston. swords road, Collins avenue, malahide road for connelly.

M50 for Heuston!?? I'll bring you next time your going that way Anxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I fly in from Zürich most weeks around the same time and 5:10 is the earliest I have been out the front door.
    No chance of catching that train I'm afraid.
    However, if you're ever in Bern let me know. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

dubtom wrote: »
    M50 for Heuston!?? I'll bring you next time your going that way Anxious.

Would it not be quicker just to jump on the m50 at the airport and then stright down the n7?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Would it not be quicker just to jump on the m50 at the airport and then stright down the n7?
    If you were driving to Limerick, yeah!

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kandsfarrell

This:
    Not a chance of making that train

There are buses that go from Dublin Airport to Limerick, get one of these

You have no chance of making that train....I would put away any ideas you have of making it.....Get an aircoach from the airport to Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The OP isn't driving to Limerick, you know this as you quoted them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

best way would be to ask the captain to let you out just as the main descent begins, you can guide your parachute towards the phoenix park and then run the rest of the way to heuston station , should make the train just in time.

Advertisement