Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB Threads

Options
  • 29-08-2010 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'd appreciate some help, this isn't a complaint about moderation, and I'm hoping this is the right place for it. There have been some offensive posts in both Big Brother threads over the past few days regarding Nadia's gender. She is, as you may know, transgender. There have been one or two posters who repeatedly refer to her as he etc etc.

I appreciate that the mods are not required to be online 24/7 however if there is someone on tonight I'd appreciate if they could have a look at some of what is being said.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hi,

to be honest, the best way of dealing with such posts is to report them. You can put in a detailed description in there and all relevant mods and CMods will be e-mailed.

As you can see, I am only seeing this thread now, whereas I am sure AH mods were online last night (I presume it was AH?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Thanks for the reply Tom. To be honest had it been AH I probably would have ignored them but it was in the TV forum.

I have reported quite a number of posts over the past couple of days, mostly posts from last night. Subsequent to my original post last night a mod did come online and told two of the posters to sort it out by PM saying he/she could see both points of the arguement. However the posts still remain.

I have asked that another mod review the posts and am happy to wait until that happens before coming back here.

Thanks again Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

OP, the posts you refer to have now been deleted, if we missed any just let us know.

There is also a warning in place so those type of posts don't appear again without consequence.

Should you come across anymore feel free to report them.

Pm us if need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Thanks Sharpshooter, I appreciate it.

Advertisement