Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The real "X Factor"..

• 29-08-2010 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I dont watch the X Factor but did tonight as the misses likes it - There was a young Dub lab on it who couldnt sing but got the whole crowd going and all the judges to enjoy his audition - Even though he couldnt sing!!

It got me to thinking that there are people who crack it and have the X Factor in life - It doesnt matter what he does he will do very very well!.. Prob not singing tho..

So what is it?!!..
    Energy??.. But most of them have that..
    Ability?? - Def not..

What ever it was we all need a little dose of it!!

Any thoughts??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Charisma.

The kid had bullet-proof confidence and self belief, I think that is contagious and it certainly won over the judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

A brass neck...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I was at the Dublin auditions and saw that young lad Dwayne. In all honesty, the reason he got through was because most of the others were sh*te and boring, the judges were really moody and frustrated with all the acts. When he came out he got everyone going and gave them a bit of a lift. He was gas, he won't get past the next round but fair play to him, he certainly had a lot of confidence and was the highlight of the auditions for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

That's the guy who took his top off right?

There's your answer OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

jaffa20 wrote: »
    That's the guy who took his top off right?

There's your answer OP

No, I think he's talking about the 16-year-old guy from inner city Dublin who was shown on the Xtra Factor.

No, I don't think so. His top stayed on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

No, I think he's talking about the 16-year-old guy from inner city Dublin who was shown on the Xtra Factor.

Ah rite, i didn't see that. But the guy who took his top off for katy perry coudn't even sing. I guess they see different things in different people but the xfactor just really just want to mould someone into what's commercially popular. Another Robbie might just be that!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

oicherider wrote: »
    I dont watch the X Factor but did tonight as the misses likes it

Suuuuuuuuure OP. Suuuuuuuure.

:p :P :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Miss Ogyne

Jedward are famous now because of it and they can't sing, can't dance and look like twats so 'nuff said about the "X factor", ten years ago the same people that voted for them two would have been voting for Hansen and making "Boom bop" a house hold name....

oh wait...

Guess some retarded human behavior never changes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The likeability factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Miss Ogyne wrote: »
    Jedward are famous now because of it and they can't sing, can't dance and look like twats so 'nuff said about the "X factor", ten years ago the same people that voted for them two would have been voting for Hanson and making "Boom bop" a house hold name....

oh wait...

Guess some retarded human behavior never changes.

Don't be such a hater just because those Hansen chicks are hotter than you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

It's more about entertaining and getting a reaction from the audience than actual singing ability at the auditions in some caes.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Don't be such a hater just because those Hansen chicks are hotter than you are.

whatever floats your boat there hon but in all fairness I could never hope to compete with 3 under 16 year year olds for your affections

Miss Ogyne wrote: »
    whatever floats your boat there hon but in all fairness I could never hope to compete with 3 under 16 year year olds for your affections

It was called mmm bop, not boom bop, btw.

They are still making albums.

'In recent years, Hanson has received acclaim by many publications for their surprising longevity in the industry, with many critics labeling them the most talented musical act to emerge from the pop music boom of the late 1990s.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanson_%28band%29

It was called mmm bop, not boom bop, btw.

They are still making albums.

'In recent years, Hanson has received acclaim by many publications for their surprising longevity in the industry, with many critics labeling them the most talented musical act to emerge from the pop music boom of the late 1990s.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanson_%28band%29

mmm bop, boom bop, bum bop who cares? you still knew what I meant which means one of two things, either it was that much of an irritating song that any random reference to it makes it immediately spring to mind or the mere mention of Hanson floated your boat which makes "bum bop" probably nearer to what you actually heard when they sang.

Bit of both I reckon.

Only both, there was three in the "band", was the pretty 12 year old just going to far across the line for you?

They aren't 12 anymore, do you realise this? Or do you think it is still 1997?

They aren't 12 anymore, do you realise this? Or do you think it is still 1997?

Of course I do but I was just basing all my responses on the video that you posted of the hanson "chicks" you think are hotter than me, they are 12 to 15 in that video so I just assumed that's the age they where when you felt they were at their hottest.

• Advertisement

You shouldn't make so many assumptions.
    Anyhow, you've only had this account less than 3 weeks, I've only read 5 of your posts and it's already blatantly obvious as to who you are.

You shouldn't make so many assumptions.
    Anyhow, you've only had this account less than 3 weeks, I've only read 5 of your posts and it's already blatantly obvious as to who you are.

Nice comeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

My favourite band of all time is Sonic Youth. They ain't young anymore, but over the past decade have released the best music they have ever made. For me, they have the X-factor... a quality that cannot be easy pinpointed - musically, they just make the hairs on the back of my next stand up.

When I was a kid though, musical appeal wasn't just about the music - I loved Adam & the Ants, mostly because Adam Ant dressed as a flambouyant Dick Turpin. I also loved The Monkees because they had a TV show that made me laugh. The fact that they were the ultimate manufactured band (they were invented for just for TV and only later became an actual proper band) never occurred to me.

So, it's no surprise to me that kids like Jedward or Hanson, or whoever is the latest fad. And in the greater scheme of things, it really doesn't matter. People like whatever music they like, for whatever reasons they have & that's cool with me. There really is no such thing as good or bad music. Just songs you like & songs you don't.

I still like the Monkees though.

Advertisement