Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

switching modems without having to pay NTL a small fortune

• 29-08-2010 2:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

My parents have an NTL modem, webstar EPC2203. It's not a wireless. I just moved back onto their couch, I have a laptop and a modem from my old apartment. My wireless modem, also an NTL modem EPC2425 does not automatically work like magic when i hook it up to my parents connection. I have limited computer skills, but i would like to be able to use my laptop in my parent's house without having to be near anyone and having to look them in the eye for being a shameful 25 year old who can't stay off his parents couch. Any idea on what settings i might change or thing i might plug in and out to make this work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seithon

You probably need say, Username/password from your parents modem along with the settings from it. You should find most of those on the first page of the router when you login to it or it'll be under a settings section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You can't really change any settings on either of those. If the EPC2425 does not work, did your subscription lapse? It is possible to relocate a 'live' modem, but maybe just to another area of the same city....

Because both devices have the same IP address, it would be tricky to try to just use the wifi bit of the EPC2425.

Easy solution - buy a wifi router like the one NTL used to supply with the EPC2203, and connect it to your parents modem. Or get parents to ask UPC to upgrade to wifi modem.

Are you really on the couch ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jiminny

That's it alright, NTL in my apartment was cut 2 weeks ago. wireless router or upgrade it is then. No, the couch was a slight exaggeration, there's a spare room... but i like the couch better. Thanks a million guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jiminny

UPC...just sittin here havin a marathon bar about to do some washng up with a bitta jif and then I'm headin for a dip in the floozie in the jacuzzi on Sackville street... i've gotta get with the times

Advertisement