Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live possible over UCD internet?

Options
  • 29-08-2010 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question; is it possible to connect to Xbox Live using UCD's WiFi? Or is it a "censored" network. Censored is probably the wrong word, but you get the gist....

"You shouldn't be on Xbox Live. You're here to study."
    Just getting that out of the way, before someone beats me to it :p

I can be forgiven for wanting to play Halo Reach on my new Reach Xbox console on September 14th for a few hours, right? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

I don't think so, must things are blocked so I guess Xbox Live is too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

I'm afraid not, you can't connect with gaming consoles xbox, ps3, nds etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Damn :( I'll just have to use my mobile broadband :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

ive heard others saying that if you live on campus you are paying for the internet so you can request that the port be opened for playing. But its kind of a friend of a friend saying this and even if it is true good luck getting the bitches in residence to do anything for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

smk89 wrote: »
    ive heard others saying that if you live on campus you are paying for the internet so you can request that the port be opened for playing. But its kind of a friend of a friend saying this and even if it is true good luck getting the bitches in residence to do anything for you

na that ain't true, wish it was lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Talk to Netsoc or Games-soc. I'm guessing they might know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

You're not paying for internet if you live on campus, despite what anyone tells you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I'd be about 95% certain my friends got their PS3 online in Roebuck last year funnily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

You're not paying for internet if you live on campus, despite what anyone tells you
    Well you pay enough for utilities. Would broadband not fall into that category?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Considering 4 years ago there was no broadband in the residences and the price of rent didn't noticeably increase when they got it in, no you don't pay extra for it. You just get access to the same network as everyone else in the college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Raphael wrote: »
    Considering 4 years ago there was no broadband in the residences and the price of rent didn't noticeably increase when they got it in, no you don't pay extra for it. You just get access to the same network as everyone else in the college.

Arguably it didn't decrease along with most rents in the city over the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dazaazad

I connected my ps3 and wii 2 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

dazaazad wrote: »
    I connected my ps3 and wii 2 years ago!
    Where was this? I'm staying in Belgrove, was told it's not possible to connect :(

Advertisement