Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Runway, Season Eight!

Options
  • 29-08-2010 3:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Anyone catching this series? I can't believe what just went down. There are some big egos and a lot of drama.

Tim Gunn (as usual) is straight to the point and ruffles some feathers. The judges feathers were more than ruffled in the judging of the latest challenge (ep5)

Which came first: Project catwalk (uk version, more of a docu) or Project Runway (us version, more drama)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Project Runway started in 2004, Project Catwalk started in 2006.

Moving this to the reality tv forum. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Oh my god Gretchen is unbelievable! She completely took over that entire thing and I was absolutely delighted when Michael C won immunity again the following week. It was brilliant.

Ivy is a pain in the hole too and I really don't trust Valerie. I was sorry to see
    Peach
    go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I love PR!

Just finished episode 4.
    The Philip Treacy hats were amazing!

Gretchen is wrecking my head. Just because she won twice she thinks she knows everything there is.

But Tim is a sweetie like always :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 starre

Where are you guys watching this? And season 7?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Gretchen and Poison Ivy are so horrible, I can't wait until they get their comeuppance. Their stuff is so fecking boring but they're acting like they're the world's best designers :rolleyes:

it was so amazing when
    Tim called Gretchen out for behaving in such a bad manner, because normally Tim is so level headed. It's obvious that she's really that bad in person.

I feel for Michael C, but at the same time I only like one thing he's made
    (the dress from the party store challenge)
    and don't really rate his skills. After he worked with him though, Mondo said he gained a new respect for him so maybe he is actually talented.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Clementine

Did anyone see the most recent episode? What did you think of the outfits? Some completely missed the mark... Although
    Mondo definitely deserved to win- and his own outfit was very unique!

Just caught a repeat of the Season 4 (with Chris and Christian), and Victoria from that Season totally reminds me of Ivy, not just in appearance but in that intensity, so bloody serious!

Check out the blogs on the mylifetime website by previous Project Runway stars, Laura Bennett's is excellant.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Watching this too - it's really good this season. I love how at the start they were all like we all get on so well and now they're all at each other's throats. Really don't like Gretchen - most of the designers seem to be asking her opinion on everything though. She's obviously viewed as a threat. I like Mondo and I think Christopher is a dark horse to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Did anyone see the episode where there had to design fro Heidi's collection? The other contestants are being so mean to Michael C!!

Poison Ivy is so nasty, she's just bitter and pathetic.

Oh my God, Heidi's collection is so ugly! The poor designers had nothing to work with, and it felt like Heidi was just using the designers to promote her line and get some free labour. Also she's a total bitch this season.

That being said, Mondo actually managed to sneak some nice stuff in, and I felt like he should have won.

OH MY GOD, I cannot believe that
    Gretchen
    won!

That was the ugliest collection I've ever had the misfortune to see.
    Mondo's was beautifully made, fun, cutting edge and weirdly flattering considering all the patterns going on.

I think I may be done with this show if it keeps going the way this season did. Too much emphasis on drama, not enough on fashion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I love how Nina and Michael denied praising
    Mondo for the print work
    throughout the season and then how Nina firstly described the winning collection as "on-trend" and then "whats going to be coming up in fashion." Nina and Michael were clearly píssed off that
    Mondo stood up for his polka dot dress and didn't take their advice about removing the sleeves or shortening it.

Ridiculous decision. There has been some talk on US forums about how the move from Bravo to Lifetime may be the reason
    Gretchen
    even made it to the top 3. The reasoning was the Lifetime wouldn't be happy if
    at least one woman didn't make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

just caught up now! Absolutely GUTTED that
    Gretchen won. Mondo definitely should have won without a shadow of a doubt!
    Argh! :mad:

Also, I cringed so bad when
    Michael C was eliminated - All that crying!
    .. It was painful to watch!

So disappointed with how this season ended.:(
    Mondo FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Just caught up...shocked!
    I really wanted
    Mondo
    to win! I thought
    his
    collection was fabulous! Loved the judge's battle over the top 2 but I think they picked the wrong winner.

Can't believe how much weight Jessica Simpson has gained!:eek:

How obnoxious is Michael?

"Hello? Read a magazine!" ffs :mad:

Joke's on them though,
    Heidi wore the infamous polka dot dress to a film premiere and looked amazing.
    Mondo's
    collection also sold out on Seenon immediately but the so-called winner's stuff didn't sell!

I saw an interview with Tim in which he said he wanted
    Mondo
    to win and Heidi actually brought him out to reason with Michael and Nina! They probably should have listened, the backlash has been huge in America apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

phasers wrote: »
    Joke's on them though,
    Heidi wore the infamous polka dot dress to a film premiere and looked amazing.
    Mondo's
    collection also sold out on Seenon immediately but the so-called winner's stuff didn't sell!

Ha, I'm delighted! :P

Advertisement