Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty goods but store requiring purchase proof!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

MrsA wrote: »
    I was going to say this, are they Ugg boots or sheepskin of any kind? Salt is terrible for them. That in itself would not be a manufacturing issue, but, it sucks because when you pay good money you expect to get a few years from boots.

It wouldn't matter if they were ugg boots are any other type, salt is a destroyer of footwear except rubber wellies. Its rare that its placed on pathways, but last winter it had to be.

The OP's boots are obviously designed for heavy outdoor use in extreme conditions, but where they are desgned for wearing (mountains / rough terrain) probably would not have salt on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

91011 wrote: »
    It wouldn't matter if they were ugg boots are any other type, salt is a destroyer of footwear except rubber wellies. Its rare that its placed on pathways, but last winter it had to be.

The OP's boots are obviously designed for heavy outdoor use in extreme conditions, but where they are desgned for wearing (mountains / rough terrain) probably would not have salt on the ground.
    Fertilizer was used when salt stocks ran low, full of nitrates and other stuff which I'm sure can't be good either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Hi all,

I've actually had a very positive response from the manufacturer, who has taken the issue very seriously and apologised for the reaction/attitude I received instore. They are sending me something to try on them to see if it will improve them and if this does not work they will replace the boots. I am well impressed with their level of customer service I must say. Thanks to everybody for their advice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hi all,

I've actually had a very positive response from the manufacturer, who has taken the issue very seriously and apologised for the reaction/attitude I received instore. They are sending me something to try on them to see if it will improve them and if this does not work they will replace the boots. I am well impressed with their level of customer service I must say. Thanks to everybody for their advice:)

Good to see some giving good customer service

Advertisement