Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Ducted Cable

Options
  • 29-08-2010 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I am about to finish my big garden project and have a few questions about outdoor cable requirements.
    I have installed 4 inch duct across the long runs (under lawn etc) and want to know what sort of cable I can use in these ducts for lighting / cctv powering etc - do I need armoured cable in the duct ? - i would not assume that the duct will be 100% waterproof.

For other areas I will have to fit cable to a wall or bury at the foot of the wall - again what type of cable should i be asking for ? swa or nym etc etc

Are there any additional complications to be considered when using multicore (say 4/5 core) compared to std 3 core.

The maximum cable runs should by 65 metres but will typically not be longer than 25 metre.

finally - when running cable over outside walls for typical security / pir lights what should i be making sure is specified ?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

you should be consulting with the contractors before the ducting is laid and when ordering cables

problems can easily arise with the ducting and cables otherwise

-swa anyhow in the duct and down low

-you might be able to use to some nym-j off the ground

Advertisement