Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I pregnant?

• 29-08-2010 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all, would really appreciate any advice you can give me here! I had unprotexted sex about 3-4 days before my period was due. He did pull out, however I know this isn't a reliant method of contraception at all and we were really stupid to be doing that. So that was a Sunday and my period was due a few days later on the Thursday but never came. It's now been over a week now and still nothing. I'm getting really worried now that I could be pregnant, maybe its stressing about it thats delaying it as well but I cant help it! I know roughly the 'danger time' of getting pregnant is 2 weeks before your period is due but could it be possible I got pregnant only a few days before it? I usually have regualr cycles which means I should have been ovulating over a week before I had sex? I'm getting so stressed about it now its nearly making me sick. Would it be too early to take a pregnancy test? Please help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Its highly unlikely that you conceived a few days before your period was due, however not entirely unheard of or impossible! The only way you'll know is by doing a test, but if you did conceive only a few days ago, its unlikely to show up positive until 12-14 days after conception. Was there any sex around your fertile time in which an accident could've happened?

It honestly sounds to me like you are worrying and stressing so much about the possibility of being pregnant that your body is playing tricks on you and delaying your period. I'm sure if you do a test and its negative your monthly friend will turn up very soon after!

Hope this helps and that you get the result that you want :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LiliLi

Thanks so much for your reply! No there was zero intercourse at any other time apart from on that day. It's just I've never been this late before and that makes me stressed which could make me late..it's a vicious circle! It's been about two weeks since we had sex. I might take a pregnancy test tomorrow morning and if it comes up negative just take another in a week to be sure? What is the best or most reliable brand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

First response are probably the most sensitive. Make sure you read the instructions carefully and use the first pee of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LiliLi

Thank you! :) Hope it goes ok!:(

Advertisement