Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where should I go?

• 29-08-2010 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey guys,
    I'll be coming to Dublin in a month and I could use some help.
    I'm looking for a recommendation on some small theater there, or at the vicinity (and it should be English speaking). I'm a fringe fan, so I'm trying to find the ones which are not in the tourists guides, perhaps. Where the experience tends to be a little more close and personal.
    I also have a question (not related). Does anyone know what is the first political play, ever? I could think of Lysistrata, but there are probably ones I dont know. Maybe you have a better guess?

thanks a lot, for any comment.
    Tamir

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

tamiry wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I'll be coming to Dublin in a month and I could use some help.
    I'm looking for a recommendation on some small theater there, or at the vicinity (and it should be English speaking). I'm a fringe fan, so I'm trying to find the ones which are not in the tourists guides, perhaps. Where the experience tends to be a little more close and personal.
    I also have a question (not related). Does anyone know what is the first political play, ever? I could think of Lysistrata, but there are probably ones I dont know. Maybe you have a better guess?

thanks a lot, for any comment.
    Tamir

Project arts centre? Smock Alley? Players? The Dublin Fringe festival should be on when you're here I think, so grab a programme (or look online at fringefest.com) and you can see for yourself whats what and where it is. Book in advance, the good stuff always sells out and some of it is only on for a day or two. I've heard good things about PaperBoy and Friends..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ab20

You could try Black Box Theatre, Ballyfermot. (Lorraine Bailey a great new Irish Comedy), Draoicht, Blanchardstown, Venue, Ratoath Co. Meath. The Mill Theatre, Dundrum (On the Luas Line).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Company D

If you are looking for some good theatre then try Scene Unseen in Pacino's restaurant on Suffolk street. It's on every Thursday and it is getting really really good reviews.
    The format is 5 ten minute plays and 5 ten minute intervals and you can eat and drink while watching.
    To find out more look at out facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=133540269998801&ref=ts

Hopefully this may help! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭HelloJellyFish

Try Lappello's in Dame street, best show in town an very small and cosy...:cool:

Advertisement