Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why is my ram clocking at 667mhz?

Options
  • 29-08-2010 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

i cant seem to edit it in the bios either.

ramrx.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    i cant seem to edit it in the bios either.

ramrx.jpg

You giving it enough juice?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Jonathan wrote: »
    You giving it enough juice?
    ive never cut the juice. the only OC'ing ive done was unlock the 4th core on the processor.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    *image*
    Go ahead and admit it: you were just looking for an excuse to show off your desktop background. :p

On topic: if your RAM is 1333MHz there's nothing wrong with it. 666 x dual channel = 1333 amirite?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Not on my PC at the moment but I think CPU-Z measures the actual speed of your RAM, not the effective speed! This means the RAM is running at 1333MHz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,277 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Soli is correct.

• Advertisement

Correct again. The advertised speed of DDR memory is double the actual clock speed due to the ability of DDR to transmit data on both edges of the clock, hence "double data rate." So DDR-400 runs at 200 MHz while DDR3-1333 runs at 666.6 MHz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

BeciMester wrote: »
    Go ahead and admit it: you were just looking for an excuse to show off your desktop background. :p

On topic: if your RAM is 1333MHz there's nothing wrong with it. 666 x dual channel = 1333 amirite?
    tbh, i did move cpuz to the side abit, shamefully.

maybe because id have the excuse to change the thread title to "ZOMG 1337 mhz GIRLZ" if it didnt get any hits.

Advertisement