Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If Fianna Fail gets in again in 2012...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭round tower huntsman

sligopark wrote: »
    but hey will he want another £26 million pay off and lie again for the next twenty years

much like Blair
    26 million?? ff cost us 40 BILLION ffs. anyway sf are ff in the making.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

but hey will he want another £26 million pay off and lie again for the next twenty years

much like Blair

there is only one way to find out.

Personally, I would rather have Gerry Adams running the country than any of the current TD's.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If it takes ten men 3 hours to dig one hole, how many men does it take to dig half a hole in the same amount of time.[/FONT]

anyway sf are ff in the making.

They should have you on Vincent Brown. You're knowledge of these parties will be the norm on there.

People will cry and cry about FF all day every day. But when it comes to it, they are afraid of change and the right change that Sinn Fein can bring to this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

anyway sf are ff in the making.

whilst I would love to agree (both are sneaky barstewards willing to sacrifice each and everyone one of us twd their goals - one marxist the other their own pockets) Sinn Fein wouldn't have a patch on those c-unts at the top of FF especially positioning that fat f_ucker Cowan to take the fall

gaysus Ahern must have hated him

DB10 wrote: »
    there is only one way to find out.

Personally, I would rather have Gerry Adams running the country than any of the current TD's.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If it takes ten men 3 hours to dig one hole, how many men does it take to dig half a hole in the same amount of time.[/FONT]

not sure but ask Gerry how many it took to bury that lady from Belfast down around Louth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭round tower huntsman

They should have you on Vincent Brown. You're knowledge of these parties will be the norm on there.

People will cry and cry about FF all day every day. But when it comes to it, they are afraid of change and the right change that Sinn Fein can bring to this country.
    sf ff. both that will sell out any principal to stay in power,do any grubby deal it can, looks after its gombeen friends first,both were born on the backs of republicans that fought and died for ireland,both criminlise and even kill republicans that disagree with em, both cover up for child abusers!,etc...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Simply.Young

Five men? ;)

Five men? ;)

gaysus gerry that was quick :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

pmcmahon wrote: »
    i can't wait for the slogans

"Ah sure, gowan!"

pmcmahon wrote: »
    i can't wait for the slogans
    Shams wrote: »
    "Ah sure, gowan!"

'Ah sure gowan Gerry and bury those bitches you dirty dog!'

• Advertisement

not sure but ask Gerry how many it took to bury that lady from Belfast down around Louth

He wouldn't know. He wasn't involved.

sf ff. both that will sell out any principal to stay in power,do any grubby deal it can, looks after its gombeen friends first,both were born on the backs of republicans that fought and died for ireland,both criminlise and even kill republicans that disagree with em, both cover up for child abusers!,etc...................

Stop this slanderous rubbish.

Sinn Fein are already been slagged and we are only discussing them being in power.

As I said, cry all you want about FF,FG, Greens, PDs destroying the country, nobody has the bravery to move towards change.

Only one man can replace the great Bertie Ahern and lead this country out of ruin.

Bring Gerry South.

He wouldn't know. He wasn't involved.

other than ordering she be shot according to darkie

Stop this slanderous rubbish.

Sinn Fein are already been slagged and we are only discussing them being in power.

As I said, cry all you want about FF,FG, Greens, PDs destroying the country, nobody has the bravery to move towards change.

other than gerry and martin - killing those they had convinced they would chase down a united ireland, hunting down those who knew darkie just before the book was published and then of course hiding the fact one of them had a paedo brother and tried to close down the fact he was hiding it - wake the F up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Ideally I want FG to get in but unfortunately that will bring in Labour also who I have no time for whatsoever and rate behind FF. However I can't vote for FF as they are rotten to the core which leaves me with the Greens, SF and other looney independents. So I guess I am a disenfranchised voter who has no options in our electoral system.

I guess my perfect world would be FG with Richard Bruton in charge and for him to actually form a coalition with FF. Less partisan politics and realize that there are some good individuals in both parties. I do have time for Lenihan and think it would be a shame if he was just cast aside when he could make a valid contribution to a future government.

D-Generate wrote: »
    I guess my perfect world would be FG with Richard Bruton in charge and for him to actually form a coalition with FF.

A FF FG coalition - we will never have democracy again - these pricks together will sell off our democracy to europe and our savings to the bankers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Simply.Young

gaysus gerry that was quick :p

Thanks! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

these pricks together will sell off our democracy to europe

If the Irish people are stupid enough to let Fianna Fail get in again, I'd let our decidedly more sane European neighbours run our affairs with open arms - who knows, they might even be able to get the health system working... :pac:

In seriousness though, anyone who knocks on my door during the election and starts spouting the anti-EU conspiracy theories as SF and lately elements of FG have been prone to do, will be getting the door slammed in their face. Membership has done nothing but miricles for this country - at least FF in fairness to them, seem to understand that if nothing else...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    If the Irish people are stupid enough to let Fianna Fail get in again, I'd let our decidedly more sane European neighbours run our affairs with open arms - who knows, they might even be able to get the health system working... :pac:

In seriousness though, anyone who knocks on my door during the election and starts spouting the anti-EU conspiracy theories as SF and lately elements of FG have been prone to do, will be getting the door slammed in their face. Membership has done nothing but miricles for this country - at least FF in fairness to them, seem to understand that if nothing else...

Name 3 things eu has done? (don`t say roads)

You know I think I`ll change my status to - I don`t care as long as SF don`t get in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Stinicker wrote: »
    Wrong,

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/money-and-tax/tax/income-tax/how_your_tax_is_calculated

Lots of people pay it and far more,

now Take for example Joe Bloggs. say as a single person Joe Bloggs is earning €100k a year or €1,923.07/week

He will pay 20% on the 1st €36,400 of his €100k income his will pay €7,280 in tax on the 1st 20%.

On the Remaining €63,600 you will pay 41% tax or €26,076

Now €26,076 + €7,280 = €33,356 in Tax

Now out of his €100k salary on top of he must also pay the Income levy which is calculated separately from Income tax as follows:
    • 2% on income up to €75,036
    • 4% on income from €75,037 to €174,980
    • 6% on income above €174,980.
    Now Joe Bloggs Earns €100k a year so must pay the income levy at:

2% of his first €75,036 = €1,500,72

4% of his remaining income €24,964 = €998.56

Joe Bloggs has paid €2,499.28 in the Income levy

Now poor old Joe must come along and pay the Health Levy which is calculated at:
    • 4% on all earnings up to €75,036
    • 5% on earnings over €75,036.
    4% of his first €75,036 = €3,001,44
    5% of his remaining income €24,964 = €1,248.20

Joe Bloggs has paid €4,249.64 in the Health levy

Joe must now pay PRSI, as Joe earns over €500/week his is on a Class A1 contribution. Which is calculated as follows;

4% on the 1st €127 = €5.08
    8% on anything over that amount up to €1443 = €105.28
    9% on the balance = €43.20

Joes A1 Class contribution costs him €153.56 a week / €7,985.12 annually

Ok so far Joe has paid

€33,356 in PAYE tax
    €2,499.28 in the Income levy
    €7,985.12 in Class AI PRSI contributions
    €4,249.64 in the Health levy

Total = €48,090.04

Now, Joes original €100k has shrunk considerably and he has €51,909.96 left to play about with.

Oh buts lets all raise taxes, Tax the rich and destroy the middle classes, whose only reply under their crushing tax burden is "I'm giving her all she's got, Captain!"

FYP is the rest is all optional.

Why is Joe spending 20k on top of his taxes - direct and indirect - to pay for ther peoples' kids and aging parents?

Everyone pays "other charges such as motor and fuel duty, excise, aviation "holiday" tax."

He speds 12k on health insurance? Go public. Again, optional.

He pays tax on drinks and cigarettes? Everyone pays tax on drinks and cigarettes. Even those on the dole. Joe should stop smoking. Money saved and his health insurance would be cheaper too.

51K after tax? I'd take it and be happy in the current climate.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

changes wrote: »
    But its very important that such crazy mismanagement is punished... they just can't be let back in again... sin bin them for at least a term (hopefully a generation though).

Has to be 2 terms... first term is going to be a pain in the backside for anyone coming in to clean up after'em. So they can't be judged entirelly on any failures through it...

FF will pull out the "Good Ole Times" card and screw us over again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

They won't. Even bribing the people won't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

eimearcmh wrote: »
    They won't. Even bribing the people won't work.

I only wish I had as much faith in the Irish electorate as you, Eimear!

The voters had a chance in 2007, and still chose the party that has since sold us down the swanee with NAMA & Anglo, having prior-to-2007 told us realists we should commit suicide.

I've my fingers crossed that they'll right that wrong in 2012, but I've my bags packed just in case.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I only wish I had as much faith in the Irish electorate as you, Eimear!

The voters had a chance in 2007, and still chose the party that has since sold us down the swanee with NAMA & Anglo, having prior-to-2007 told us realists we should commit suicide.

I've my fingers crossed that they'll right that wrong in 2012, but I've my bags packed just in case.

I voted FF in 07, times were still good back then......well they weren't as bad as now anyways. I know Bertie a bit so it was hard to vote against him.
    Its near impossible to predict what the Irish publlic will do and the way things are Bertie may well become President.
    Im sure Enda's hair and make up bills will be at least twice Berties if he gets in:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i wouldnt be surprised if they stayed. ireland has this awful habit of voting for them.
    doesnt matter anyway as if they are voted out of power they will still be 'in' power anyway. ppl put too much weight on the dail, it isnt as important to running this country as you may think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I can't imagine FF being voted in again unless people of the country get amnesia or they do what they did with the Lisbon Treaty ''Ah lads I think we should have another vote, they got it wrong' :rolleyes: TBH it's not like there are a huge number of parties to choose from Labour,FF,FG - I don't like any of them. They can complain about the current goverment all they want, it's easy to do that when your not on the hotseat, but how are they going to clean up their mess and keep the faith of the country when they go into Goverment?

I can't imagine FF being voted in again unless people of the country get amnesia or they do what they did with the Lisbon Treaty ''Ah lads I think we should have another vote, they got it wrong' :rolleyes: TBH it's not like there are a huge number of parties to choose from Labour,FF,FG - I don't like any of them. They can complain about the current goverment all they want, it's easy to do that when your not on the hotseat, but how are they going to clean up their mess and keep the faith of the country when they go into Goverment?

Well if "Yes, Minister" has taught us anything it is that none of the parties or even the politicians are really in power - the senior Civil Servants are...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bertie being voted as president would be almost a worse indictment of the Irish public that FF getting back in in 2012.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Bertie being voted as president would be almost a worse indictment of the Irish public that FF getting back in in 2012.

I highly doubt he would get the nomination even if he wanted it - although the likely pasting the electorate would give him would be fascinating to behold. Far more likely they will run Brian Crowley for the park methinks

I highly doubt he would get the nomination even if he wanted it - although the likely pasting the electorate would give him would be fascinating to behold. Far more likely they will run Brian Crowley for the park methinks

Sound man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I'd put money on FF getting back in. And I'd say they''ll campaign on how well they dealth with the crisis and people will love them for it.

Not me - I'll be getting the fook outta here if I can. But the above is what will happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I'll be returning back to the States by then hopefully. But if I'm here, I will definately not be voting either Fianna Fail or Fine Gael or The Greens or the Labour Party.

Fine Gael haven't a clue what they would do with the situation. Just the same old well the Government did this wrong and we'll review the situation if elected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I'll book my ticket out of here. To do such would make it plainly obvious that the Irish electorate it too insanely retarded to merit any of my tax money.

I voted FF in 07, times were still good back then......well they weren't as bad as now anyways. I know Bertie a bit so it was hard to vote against him.

Er......thanks. Not!

There are loads of people I know that I wouldn't vote for because they'd be crap. Pity you didn't apply the same logic to that asshole.

Er......thanks. Not!

There are loads of people I know that I wouldn't vote for because they'd be crap. Pity you didn't apply the same logic to that asshole.

Me and my fellow voters who voted FF were in the majority, it wasn't just me who voted for them. And obv i didnt vote for him/FF because i thought he was crap.
    Sure if only we had the forsight to see how things would unfold. :rolleyes:

Looking back it is hard to imagine how we managed to fool ourselves into thinking that the property bubble situation was viable. Remember the price of an average 2 bedroom apartment in the middle of Dublin cost in 2006? To think that nobody batted an eyelid at this back then seems like collective lunacy...

I also seem to remember certain people suggesting that those who did batt an eyelid at this situation should take themselves off and commit suicide... Oh how foolish they look now...

Looking back it is hard to imagine how we managed to fool ourselves into thinking that the property bubble situation was viable. Remember the price of an average 2 bedroom apartment in the middle of Dublin cost in 2006? To think that nobody batted an eyelid at this back then seems like collective lunacy...

I also seem to remember certain people suggesting that those who did batt an eyelid at this situation should take themselves off and commit suicide... Oh how foolish they look now...

At the time (2005) I had just sold a 2 bed terrace in an English midlands town for £110K (€170k at the time) was amazed that similar here were asking 300k plus, madness!

If I was buying, I would have never bought and just rented, instead I built my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

I will leave this country for good.They need out and they need out fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheRealPONeil

How would you react? Sickened? Shocked? Leaving the country?
    the third option would be my choice

Is there even a chance of this happening does anybody think, or have they well and truly jumped off the cliff in the eyes of the electorate?

It will be your fault - you started all these people off imagining a parallell Ireland - which will make it a reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

it's 2 years away anything could happen in that time, the economy could take a sudden turn for the good, jobs could be created everywhere, housing prices could have found a levelled off price, FF policies could prove to genius, NAMA could be making money, people could be happy the way country is being run 2012.. the possibility of this is about as likely as the Mayans being right and the world ending in 2012 but then again anything is possible.

• Advertisement

Sure if only we had the forsight to see how things would unfold. :rolleyes:

Some of us did, but Ahern told us to f**k off and commit suicide.

I guess foresight depends on whether your eyes are open (and, of course, who you "know").

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

Seeing as there isn't an intelligence/competence test required to vote, FF will get elected again. There isn't an alternative, just a different side of the same coin.
    FF have been in power for 53 years of their 84 year existance, I reckon it'll take the young people of the country to vote them out as the older generations know no different.

We need a democratic party as an attractive alternative, rather than focusing on just not voting for FF. If that doesn't happen then people who are annoyed with the current line up will just not bother showing up and casting a vote, leaving what number of card carrying members of FF that do show up voting them in as usual.

FF 2012 slogan, " A lot of DAMAGE done, more to do"

Some of us did, but Ahern told us to f**k off and commit suicide.

I guess foresight depends on whether your eyes are open (and, of course, who you "know").

Saying something like that of course was ludacris.

Your eyes don't necessarily need to be open to have foresight (it wouldn't be fair to exclude the visually impaired). It does however involve an ability to analyse and predict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerowsopht

Of course they will get into power again. They have been in power since the stone age and us Irish are easily pushed over and don't seem to stick up for ourselves. Sure if a politician dies they just give their seat to their son/daughter in their will lol and get into government, that's how it works over here.

No doubt people are going to jail for not being able to repay mortgages, silly things like that while the head of Anglo and ppl like Sean Fitzpatrick walk around free men.

Personally I wouldn't mind another rising if anyone would like to meet me outside the GPO ?

but reckon I'll just leave the cuntry next year coz I am not paying taxes to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

They're the lesser of two evils...

Saying something like that of course was ludacris.

Your eyes don't necessarily need to be open to have foresight (it wouldn't be fair to exclude the visually impaired). It does however involve an ability to analyse and predict.

Which is what FF have proven that are either incapable of doing or unwilling to do. Either way, they should be removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Fey!

There's a worse situation than FF getting back in; FG might win, which would leave us with Enda Kenny as taoiseach!

Fey! wrote: »
    There's a worse situation than FF getting back in; FG might win, which would leave us with Enda Kenny as taoiseach!

Hes smug looking enough as he is....who knows what being Taoiseach would do to him:p

Hes smug looking enough as he is....who knows what being Taoiseach would do to him:p

Better smug than constantly bewildered, like a certain Mr. Cowen...

Do you honestly believe that they haven't made a complete bags of it of late?

• Advertisement

As this video show Brian Cowen is a man we can be proud of in Europe.....or not:pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3vEOSkk5AM

By the way how do you show a youtube video or an image on the page, instead of having to click the link to see it??

Advertisement