Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celbridge broadband, EPL on TV...

Options
  • 29-08-2010 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I just moved to Celbridge yesterday from Finland (arrived on Tuesday and resided in Leixlip until yesterday) and am wondering where they might be showing the Liverpool game today? Mucky Duck maybe?

Also seeing that the broadbands are quite bad here, am wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a working wireless connection? How are the wireless connections here anyway? I read about Ripplecom being quite bad when speeds are concerned, Vodafone is just something to stay away from and Eircom is the same thing. A flat mate of mine has a O2 dongle, but I'd rather have a wireless connection to be honest though I do have a temporary connection from Three. But 49e for the dongle and 10 euros for a 2gb data allowance is just ridiculous in a long run. Those data allowances are very laughable anyway. I tend to download stuff every now and then and play online a bit so I wonder how well the connections in Ireland are actually developing... Right now it seems years behind Finland.

Recommendations?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

It is years behind Finland.

Your best options (for gaming) is UPC (NTL/Chorus recently rebranded as UPC.ie), if your area is supported. After that, your next best option is Digiweb Metro (wireless, but DOCSIS based, and fixed antenna).

Both have a minimum contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 TonskuDaigle

I actually just happened to stop by at the UPC website and they've 32 euros for te 15/1 connection which sounds decent, assuming that it actually works that fast. Also a free wireless router is included so this would also solve the wireless issue for me as well. 42 euros for the 30/3 connection which isn't too bad either, but if things go as they did in Finland, they will be upgrading the speeds with no extra charge. They just let you know that they're upgrading the speeds and that it will have no effect in your bill :)

We apparently have a UPC TV connection here so it would actually go with that price. Without the TV connection, a fee of 7,75e would be added monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 George Carbery

I just moved to Celbridge yesterday from Finland (arrived on Tuesday and resided in Leixlip until yesterday) and am wondering where they might be showing the Liverpool game today? Mucky Duck maybe?

Also seeing that the broadbands are quite bad here, am wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a working wireless connection? How are the wireless connections here anyway? I read about Ripplecom being quite bad when speeds are concerned, Vodafone is just something to stay away from and Eircom is the same thing. A flat mate of mine has a O2 dongle, but I'd rather have a wireless connection to be honest though I do have a temporary connection from Three. But 49e for the dongle and 10 euros for a 2gb data allowance is just ridiculous in a long run. Those data allowances are very laughable anyway. I tend to download stuff every now and then and play online a bit so I wonder how well the connections in Ireland are actually developing... Right now it seems years behind Finland.

Recommendations?

Cheers.
    Regarding Irish internet connections ... its rubbish compared to other countries.
    I live in Celbridge and have subscription with UPC .IE for wireless broadband and TV channels ... So far I am satisfied with speed and internet performance.

Cost for both TV and Broadban is 80 euro every two months.

That's not too bad really. 40 euros a month is very well worth the service if it works.

What about the footy match on TV today? :)
    Am just planning here to have a look at the HP shuttle bus service route as I've no idea where it goes. I'm currently in Hazelhatch Park and my work at HP starts tomorrow. Just no idea how to get there although I do know there should be a shuttle. What's the closest stop to hop on? And is it actually a train and not a bus? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Hi

I have never used it but the HP service is a bus , there may be someone on here who has used it. I think it runs from the station into the village then up to the Maynooth rd, so will almost go past your front door.

Welcome to Celbridge

The best pub to watch footie is the Village Inn in my opinion

• Advertisement

What are the chances on getting in the bus just by standing on the side of the road? I'm not quite sure where there's a bus stop so I'm just wondering how to actually stop the bus and get in.

No idea ..... suggest you get a taxi this morning. and then get it home and ask the driver :-)

The taxi shouldn't cost too much ( no more than a tenner I would think )

Yea I took at taxi this morning. Was running a bit late, but made it a couple of minutes late. Glad nothing had started though so I was actually right on time :)

But yea, I worked it out with the driver and he'll pick me up in the morning when I just wave at him driving past the estate. He dropped me off just outside the estate too so it all worked out very nicely (I live just 50m walk from the gate) :)

No worries , as I say welcome to Celbridge !!!

Shame you follow Liverpool , but there you go you can't have everything

Haha, well I've been a Liverpool supporter since 92 or so :)

Where's the Tesco exactly? And are there bus connections from Hazelhatch Park to for example Tesco and Leixlip village? The shuttle bus went by Tesco today, but I didn't catch the address or anything.

• Advertisement

Hi

Ok , at this point I am not exactly sure where Hazelhatch Pk is , but I assume it's down the Hazelhatch Rd near Primrose.

If so I am afraid Tesco is some distance away go to the Village and up the high st ( ie cross the bridge and turn right ) , at the end end turn left ( the road goes that way ) tesco is about half a mile . It's the Maynooth Rd

Now to get to Liexlip , not so easy by public transport TBH. 67 bus to the Motorway then the 66 up to Liexlip

You can get to Maynooth easy enough on the 67

You can get the 67 from the stops in the village or for you the closest stops will be on the Dublin Rd around the Abbey pub.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Now to get to Liexlip , not so easy by public transport TBH. 67 bus to the Motorway then the 66 up to Liexlip.

TonskuDaigle
    You'd be faster if you got yourself a bicycle. :)

The 67 or 67a passes right by Tesco.

Yea I know, but am too lazy to start cycling just yet :D

Besides, I don't have the money just yet. I just came a week ago and still a month until my first paycheck. So I will live cheaply this month :)

Advertisement