Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2M Counties Contest

Options
  • 29-08-2010 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

heads up counties contest today at 2pm local

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Stupid IRTS news. Why are they never a week ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

was very poor turn out alright i was working from the mobile with a pmr radio so i was limited, i managed 17 qso's for 9 counties, i think shannon basin had the most but very poor turn out none the less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Taildragon

watty wrote: »
    Stupid IRTS news. Why are they never a week ahead?

I know how you can fix that.

1. Join the IRTS
    2. Volunteer your time to improve the service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Taildragon

Details of contests can be found here:

http://www.irts.ie/cgi/irts_c.cgi

Next weekend (4/5 September) is SSB Field Day

Taildragon wrote: »
    I know how you can fix that.

1. Join the IRTS
    2. Volunteer your time to improve the service

I've spent time & money on IRTS in the past. What I'm saying is nothing to do with resources.

They announce stuff on HF on Sunday, but people may not be able to get that due to Church or Conditions and that is already too late for that weekend.

A lot of people get the news on Sunday, Mon, tue or Wed via FM repeater
    They email it late Sunday Night or Early Sunday morning.

Very often then for most people, it's then something being announced as if it is upcoming, but has actually happened already that day or previous Saturday/Sunday.

Upcoming events surely would benefit with being announced 1 2 or 3 times in advance, rather than after the fact, especially when every News is asks for News.

I have emailed reports to IRTS in the past for news and I do listen and call in on the HF sunday news about as much as I would do anything organised on HF.

• Advertisement

So anyone here doing anything special for the SSB Field Day?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭brownmini

watty wrote: »
    So anyone here doing anything special for the SSB Field Day?

More importantly -- are you ?

I might. But I wondered what anyone else was doing.
    I'm not an important person, so why is it more important to know what I'm doing? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

is this the ssb field day or the vhf/uhf field day not much info on website:confused:

correction i see now, it is down as ssb field day so i presume hf field day never had much interest in hf portable, more a vhf/uhf man

Advertisement