Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting around Dublin

Options
  • 29-08-2010 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

I am due to go to the Michael Buble concert at the Aviva stadium in September. I left it very late to book a hotel room and could only get a place in Dublin city centre which is just as good because it would be relatively close to the train station and i would like to do a few things around Dublin that weekend.

I dont know Dublin and can safely say i will probably get lost very easily.

I have a few questions i might get some help on.

Is the Aviva Stadium far from the city? How would i get to the Aviva? Bus, luas or cab? Would I be able to get back into the city easily enough after the concert from the Aviva. It would be late. At a guess around 11pm.

Is there a cab office with reliable cabs in the city. Not a taxi but a cab now. the difference between the two would be taxis would have a meter running and cabs would have a set price. How much roughly would it cost to get from the city to the Aviva using a cab. Would prefer a cab instead of a bus.

Thats it for now. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You are probably best getting the dart, as it puts directly in under the stadium. The stop is landsdowne road. Their will be trains running afterwards too, and they will be busy so will be perfectly safe. Roughly costs €2 each way.

Their is a few different stops in the city where you can get on, just depends where abouts your hotel is.

what hotel are you staying in?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

DART from Connolly or Tara to Lansdowne Road is about €1.60 if I remember correctly. Don;t even bother trying to get one back after concert because it's next to impossible. Dublin Bus put on loads of number 7 buses after the Ireland and United games earlier this month so will more than likely do the same for this. €1.60 again to drop you back to O'Connell Street. I wouldn't bother getting a cab back because they won't pick you up, be impossible to meet you with so many people milling around. Enjoy your weekend.

Can't believe I managed to type all that without mentioning your questionable music tastes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Collie D wrote: »

Can't believe I managed to type all that without mentioning your questionable music tastes :)

Michael buble is just fantastic. The concert is 4 weeks away and i am getting very excited.

Thanks for your replies. I forget the name of the hotel and what street its on. Will have to check the diary.

Thanks so much for helping. Will get a bus back into the city after the concert. Would much prefer a cab for getting to the concert. If a cab was to take me from the city to the aviva for 30 to 40 euro I would gladly get a cab. Otherwise the dart it is. Im sure reception at the hotel might help me regarding dart stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Michael buble is just fantastic. The concert is 4 weeks away and i am getting very excited.

Thanks for your replies. I forget the name of the hotel and what street its on. Will have to check the diary.

Thanks so much for helping. Will get a bus back into the city after the concert. Would much prefer a cab for getting to the concert. If a cab was to take me from the city to the aviva for 30 to 40 euro I would gladly get a cab. Otherwise the dart it is. Im sure reception at the hotel might help me regarding dart stops.

A cab will be about €15 max, I'd say. The Aviva is very close to the city centre, you could walk it comfortably in half an hour. After the gig you can follow the crowds back to the city. DART, bus, walking or a taxi are all easy options.

• Advertisement
Advertisement