Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worms Reloaded on Steam

Options
  • 29-08-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

For any fan of the original games , this is an essential release i have played it online a good few times since i bought it and the games are great fun with all the usual weapons , Super sheep , concrete donkeys , armageddon , i would reccomend it as a good way to spend €20 will keep you amused for ages :-)
    I find the ropes arent as good as they were though , and the games need to be more customisable , i used to like the option to place worms at the start of a match before now it seems like its only random placement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Might pick it up, what resolutions does it support?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

well im running 1680x1050 usually and it runs at that no problem , its all updated and made to run on new pcs so should work on all new hardware without issue .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Sweet, might get it when I have some money left over for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No mouse support is abit gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Mouse is used to look around. Same as all the other worm games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,312 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Worms would be weird if the mouse moved the worms :confused: It's never done that.

Looks like classic worms (2+) that you know and love, with crisp resolution and 2d graphics. All glory to the Sheep.

Demo Available on Steam

controls are similar to what they have always been,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

worms will always have a special place in my heart after worms 2 on the amiga and armageddon on the PC.*sighs* oh happy days
    if only i could get armageddon working on win7.

glad they returned to 2d graphics. 3d was horrible imo. not as much fun.

After a few hours of play, I don't think its very good. I spent countless hours playing Armageddon and this is pretty much the exact same minus the ranking system and decent lobby system. 25 euro not so well spent imo. Maybe a complete beginner might get more enjoyment out of it then I have

Well in fairness i think they are aiming for it to be near to the armageddon and world party games , they have tried innovating with this game and it hasnt worked for them so they have brought it back to the fan favourite stage.
    I would like it to be more customisable rules , and allow placement of worms at the start of a match like in world party.

For me its € 20 euro well spent , i have played a few online matchs and they were all good fun so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

whiteman19 wrote: »
    if only i could get armageddon working on win7.

It works fine on windows 7. I think you have to just patch it and enable compatibility. I had it working myself only a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I only want it for the Hat in Team Fortress 2 :( , is there anyway anyone can give me their hat ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I only want it for the Hat in Team Fortress 2 :( , is there anyway anyone can give me their hat ? :P
    I bet Valve won't allow the trading of promotional items. Curse their business-like ways.

The hat is really cool though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is Worms still turn based? Haven't played it in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Grimebox wrote: »
    After a few hours of play, I don't think its very good. I spent countless hours playing Armageddon and this is pretty much the exact same minus the ranking system and decent lobby system. 25 euro not so well spent imo. Maybe a complete beginner might get more enjoyment out of it then I have

It is basically just a shinier version of Armageddon with less worms (only 4 per team :( ). Thankfully they've fixed the stupid always on talk (somehow they didn't realise this would be a problem when they were testing it) but the text window is horrendous and the time lag between turns can sometimes accommodate the making of tea.

Team 17 do seem very on the ball with fixing some of these issues and there's always been great support for worms in the past so hopefully Reloaded will mature into a great game (starting with bigger teams :D).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Anyone having problems with the game crashing? I seem to get 20 - 30 seconds into a game before it crashes, I'm getting no sound either.
    Running on vista ultimate and all I can think of is updating DirectX and see if that helps.

Update: new version of DX seems to have fixed it. Love this game, so simple yet so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I can happily wait for it to go on sale.

It is basically just a shinier version of Armageddon with less worms (only 4 per team :( ). Thankfully they've fixed the stupid always on talk (somehow they didn't realise this would be a problem when they were testing it) but the text window is horrendous and the time lag between turns can sometimes accommodate the making of tea.

Team 17 do seem very on the ball with fixing some of these issues and there's always been great support for worms in the past so hopefully Reloaded will mature into a great game (starting with bigger teams :D).
    You can up the number of worm per team if your playing private matches you defo can,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Has Worms Armageddon 4.0 Beta released yet? If not I'll just pick this up I guess...
    (as far as I know the 3.0 betas and up do work on Win7)

EDIT: Just FWIW, the latest version is W:A v3.6.29.0, but doesn't work properly on Windows 7 (there's a variety of fixes lying around but I've never used them). v3.6.30.0 will. And still I've no clue where the hell 4.0 is.

I hope your right!

• Advertisement

Advertisement