Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in the city

Options
  • 29-08-2010 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,
    Im a student in cork and will be living just across the river from jurys hotel on the western road and I was wondering if there is anywhere I can park my car nearby. Ideally I would like free parking but I am prepared to pay a fee for a spot for the year.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SkinTex

The train station is not that far away iirc. You might want to check that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kielmanator

Western Road afaik is connected to Washington Street iirc, am I right OP?
    If so, there is a bridge near enough to there and just on the Jury's Inn side of the river is a place for parking your car. It's cheap enough too at under a tenner a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 pop.1280

Could you try getting a resident's parking permit from the council? just a tener for the year

Unless you are fairly well off you'd be better off getting the bus up if that's possible. Living on Western Road and going to UCC you won't need a car really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

SkinTex wrote: »
    The train station is not that far away iirc. You might want to check that out.

It is that far away really, not practicable.

• Advertisement

murphym7 wrote: »
    It is that far away really, not practicable.

Train station to the Western Road for parking is a looney suggestion :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

The nearest disk free area I can think of is around Sundays Well/Old Lee Road area. About 15 mins away from UCC gates

Best thing if you have to have the car is to live somewhere with free on street parking or that has a drive. Glasheen, The Lough etc are all close to UCC and town and are more handy for parking than Western Road.

Presumably many of the B&Bs in Western Road may be quite over the winter, some of them may consider renting you a car parking space. Or owner occupiers (or other tenants) with a drive and no car.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭babychuckles

more and more streets around ucc as far a bishopstown for eg are now pay parking.

the ucc website says students may park for free at the two park and rides provided

"Students may park at:
    · Dennehy’s Cross (PBC Sports Ground, Park & Ride) ( kind of opp the tesco extra towards ucc from dennehys cross)
    · Pouladuff (Park & Ride) "

the dennehys cross one is within walking distance if the bus is not there just be careful crossing the road as there is no zebra crossing at the relevant place.

there is a car park charging 4 euro a day next to the now closed kinglsey hotel but dont know how long it will be in operation but 4 quid every once in a while aint that bad if stuck. its been quiet during the summer but might be busy once term starts.

Advertisement