Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Do You Do When You Get to a Gig?

Options
  • 29-08-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

I'm pretty bored today so I thought I'd ask this. What do you guys usually do when you've presented your ticket and you've gotten through the doors of whatever venue it is you're at? Do you head over to the merch stand? Go for a drink? Talk to whoever you're with? Or head straight over to the floor for a good place in the crowd?

I used to hang around the merch stand for a while going through my pocket to see what I could afford but now I usually just head right to the front for a good spot and stay there until it starts! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

get some merchandise,then some food if its an all day type of thing, find a good place in the crowd, and chat to who im there with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

If its standing i suss out where i think the best sound is gonna be, so i wander over to the sound desk for a looksee. then check out the merch, buy a drink and walk up to the stage to see the backline before making my way back to where i've decided to stand before the band comes on. i'll prob squeeze in a spliff in the smoking area if i'm so inclined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Queue early to get pit passes (if applicable),get some merchandise,then some food if its an all day type of thing, find a good place in the crowd, and chat to who im there with

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Queue early to get pit passes (if applicable),get some merchandise,then some food if its an all day type of thing, find a good place in the crowd, and chat to who im there with

Ah pit passes, knew i forgot to mention something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

really depends on the venue/artist for me. if it's a smaller venue like the olympia or especially the academy i'll get a few pints without any rush to get a spot, as I know it'll be fairly easy to stroll up to the front without much effort when they come on.
    If it's in the o2 and i've been dieing to see the band, i'll usually rush to the front and keep my spot for the night (and generally it is a band i'm really into as i wouldn't be willing to pay €50 - 70 otherwise!).
    If it's a big outdoor one and I have a pit pass i'll chill out at the back on the grass, get some pints/food while waiting, regardless of the band, since your pretty much guaranteed to get to the front or very close to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Straight to the bar!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Head to the merch stand, eff and blind at the prices, go for a pint, a piss, maybe head up onto the balcony if theres one to take in the views. And finally work my way to the front and have a damn good time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

. . . I walked inside so I could hear, and the guy beside me gave me a beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Well if it's a local small venue, knock back drink, then moss and **** the whole night away.
    Big gig, I try for the very front!!!! Love being able to smell the sweat off a band, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Arrive late (early if they're handing out pit passes for outdoor show), pee break first, then booze, hot dog, go up the front for a spot on the barrier (stage left) when the crowd clears after the support act. Then let the rockin' commence! It's my ritual... Merch at the end so I don't have to carry it/ wear it for the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Typical gig at The Point

1. Drive to gig, Give out that it costs a tenner to park

2. Walk to entrance, find out i'm at wrong entrance, give out about being at wrong entrance

3. Go into venue, check out merchandise, Give out that t-shirts are now 30quid and a sticker is a tenner

4. Walk over to the bar, still mumbling and giving out about merch prices and buy a pint for 6euro, give out about prices of beer.

5. Wait for main act, while all the time giving out that i could do better than support band

6. Watch main band, not much giving out (But i do give out about the amount of pillocks throwin beer about)

7. go back to the car, give out about amount of time it takes to be let back on the roads

So there ya have it, what a gig's like for a grumpy fcuker

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

scudzilla wrote: »
    4. Walk over to the bar, still mumbling and giving out about merch prices and buy a pint for 6euro, give out about prices of beer.

7. go back to the car, give out about amount of time it takes to be let back on the roads

Any Gardai on this Board?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

. . . I walked inside so I could hear, and the guy beside me gave me a beer!

Manowar? Pints, jax and merch stand in that order

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Go for a piss to drain myself of the liquid created from drinking for ages before arriving at the venue

Go to the merch stand - then give everything I bought to the lad who came with us who has a bag

More beer

Food

Another piss or 2

More beer

I don't really bother trying to get close to the stage.

All this will change dramatically when and if I go to a Rammstein gig here!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I have a gamble around the place looking around. I usually buy a T-Shirt as well. Then I try to get as close to the stage as possible to see the bands playing, and stay there until the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

scudzilla wrote: »
    Typical gig at The Point

1. Drive to gig, Give out that it costs a tenner to park

2. Walk to entrance, find out i'm at wrong entrance, give out about being at wrong entrance

3. Go into venue, check out merchandise, Give out that t-shirts are now 30quid and a sticker is a tenner

5. Wait for main act, while all the time giving out that i could do better than support band

6. Watch main band, not much giving out (But i do give out about the amount of pillocks throwin beer about)

So there ya have it, what a gig's like for a grumpy fcuker
    heh heh :D

Advertisement