Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Are brake discs recyclable?

Options
  • 29-08-2010 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Exactly what it says in the title.

I replaced the discs and pads on my car yesterday? Can I put both or just discs in the green bin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I doubt it. It's not that they're not recyclable, but they're probably not acceptable to your recycling collector.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

The travellers would usually take them off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Wowreally?

Pads can yes,

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

Plug wrote: »
    The travellers would usually take them off you.

What would they be doing with them??

Think I'll stick them in the green bin and if they don't want them they can take them out at the plant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Magown3 wrote: »
    What would they be doing with them??

Think I'll stick them in the green bin and if they don't want them they can take them out at the plant :D

Scrap metal is worth money. Brake discs are solid cast steel and are 100% recylable.
    Any scrap metal merchant will take them as will any of the council recycling centres which accept scrap metal.

But, as Anan1 says, whether or not you should put them in your green bin depends on what your collector accepts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement