Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kold's thread

Options
  • 29-08-2010 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Turned out from my ratings thread that a lot of you felt you needed musical guidance. Well I'm going to post music of many different genres on this thread and you can decide what you want to pursue and what you wish to stay ignorant to. Also, I guess we might be able to get some discussion of some sorts. Maybe. You're welcome in advance.

Link number 1 is from what I think is one of the albums of the year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

going on your word i had a listen to a few baths tracks and have to say wasn't overly impressed. reminded me of the metamatics album spook tinsel shoal from about 10 years ago.
    good idea for a thread though, keep em coming

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i think this is not a good idea , i would love to start my own thread on music genre's etc if this happened every body would want to start a thread etc :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I, for one, welcome our new overlord.

KentBrockmanHailAnts.jpg

A V A wrote: »
    i think this is not a good idea , i would love to start my own thread on music genre's etc if this happened every body would want to start a thread etc :rolleyes:

I think I'll ride out the rolleyes for a while anyway. You wanna make a competing thread, be my guest.

The marvellous Benn Jordan.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

id love to ,im just being considerate to the music thread and not cluttering it up with threads bout my personal taste in music that may appeal to certain people thats all

A V A wrote: »
    id love to ,im just being considerate to the music thread and not cluttering it up with threads bout my personal taste in music that may appeal to certain people thats all

Well thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Kold wrote: »

The marvellous Benn Jordan.

not really feeling those two badboys either chief. well the second one was ok, the first pretty bland. to these ears at any rate

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

Link number 1 is from what I think is one of the albums of the year.

Brilliant album. 'Animals' and 'Apologetic Shoulder Blades' are my faves. Had the album on repeat for a week.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

All so far have their merits, take a good few listens to get into them though.

Great thread.

• Advertisement

I think this has to be one of the nicest hip hop albums in the last few years. Exile's beats are gorgeously rich. Blu sounds like an early Common.

There's a slight feel of Kanye's The College Dropout without the unbearable arrogance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Thread fails (for me) so far, but keep it up, great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Is this your scabby attempt at humour OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Hmm. Originally I thought that this'd be some "lol my taste is better than yours" elitist thread, but I just listened to Blu & Exile there (I am trying to give hip-hop a chance as I don't listen to a lot of it) and I quite like it. I'll get around to checking out the other posts now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

That Blu and Exile album is top drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Is this your scabby attempt at humour OP?
    126208.jpg
    Scien wrote: »
    Any recommendations for some killer afrobeat rhythms, cosmic jazz modes and soulful thump? :pac:

0_0 ..... .... No sir I surrily do not.

What I do have today is a song by Have a Nice Life. It's called Bloodhail. I think it's pretty good but the album could have been trimmed down. Has a nice shoegazy feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

lordgoat wrote: »
    That Blu and Exile album is top drawer.

+1 Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

I was going through this thread and came across this gem . Looks like a thread that has great potential. I think this one deserves to be resurrected some great tunes here. cmon kold

Sorry, I've been indulging my alcoholism a lot and as such have been neglecting my duties.

Ben Frost is the recent king of experimental ambient. This most likely won't appeal to many of you as it really needs to be listened to on some decent speakers/phones.

I feel I need to get some folky stuff into this thread. If just to make a horrible clash with the above link. Have some Andrew Jackson Jihad. They're fun.

• Advertisement

It makes me lol how much people think that Muse are the greatest live act of all time.

That dub fx lad is really good better than beardyman imo
    Keep up the good work.

Just got that dub fx album on the strength of that vid. Cheers.

http://www.cratekings.com/dert-talk-strange-a-beat-tape-inspired-by-bjork-download/

I'm pretty sure this is a legit download.

It's a hip hop instrumental album that is based on music from Bjork. Forgot I had it and played it in the studio today. Good sh*t.

http://brian-eno.net/listen/

New Brian Eno record coming out on Warp. Interesting track, lots of energy. Also, trolls killed discussion or am I just not posting interesting ****?

No your definatley posting interesting stuff , thanks for the link to that dert album.
    You said that you were playing it in the studio are you a musician or a sound engineer if you dont mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I already said thank you but I'm going to say it again - Blu & Exile are fúckin fantastic to listen to - their album and another band - The Boxer Rebellion have gotten me through the past few weeks of work

• Advertisement

Sharkey 10 wrote: »
    No your definatley posting interesting stuff , thanks for the link to that dert album.
    You said that you were playing it in the studio are you a musician or a sound engineer if you dont mind me asking?
    I'm a painter.
    Scien wrote: »
    Like the Dub FX stuff Kold. Didn't make much of his studio album. The live youtube vids are insane though.
    The Sax in this is sooo good.
    Yeah the album definitely loses something but it's still worth a couple of listens. You play sax don't you?

This wasn't on youtube a few months ago so I uploaded it myself but then mine was taken down, dunno why, wasn't arsed reading up on it either because someone else has uploaded it since.

The emcee is Waddy, aka Ninja from Die Antwoord. This album is pretty cracking really, was hard to find when I went looking for it but I'm glad I did.

Advertisement