Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Fallout: New Vegas anticipation thread

• 29-08-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

yes there are other fallout threads, but i wanted to start one for the only game i'm waiting for and likely to buy on launch day this year. Fallout 3 consumed my 2009 and was the right game at the right time for me, so to say i'm looking forward to NV is an understatement. its out on Oct 20th and i've already warned my wife that she may not see me till christmas :D

whats known so far:

lovely collectors edition with poker chip and playing cards and dvd (about 70 to 80 quid from what i've seen) game are already taking preorders.

VATS has been improved (yay!)
    character animation seems to be the same (booo)
    ultra hardcore mode (ammo has weight etc, stimpacks work in realtime etc)
    all star voice cast:

Kris Kristofferson (country legend and whistler from blade)
    Mattew Perry (chandler from friends)
    Wayne Newtown (Vegas Legend and bailer outer of troubled child stars)
    Michael Dorn (worf from ST:TNG)
    René Auberjonois (odo from ST: DS9)
    William Sadler (death from bill and teds bogus journey)
    Ron Pearlman (hellboy)

who else is excited?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

And here are the achievements: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/fallout-new-vegas/achievements/

Pretty similar to 3, with Hardcore Mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Still 52 Sleeps till Fallout:NV :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

calex71 wrote: »
    Still 52 Sleeps till Fallout:NV :(

Why has that phrase gotten so popular. Its stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

joe123 wrote: »

How on-topic?! It makes sense; we all end our days with sleep! And, in an on-topic note, so will the NV character on Hardcore mode!

joe123 wrote: »

Kill joy :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Kill joy :p
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

This game makes me wet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I wonder will Matthew Perry voice a sarcastic character...

I wonder will Matthew Perry voice a sarcastic character...

Wasn't there a story about his addiction to the last game causing him hand strain? Nice move to put him in the game.

Edit: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/14/how-ellen-degeneres-got-matthew-perry-his-role-in-fallout-new-v/
    Who should ex-Friends star Matthew Perry thank for landing his latest job, a role in Fallout: New Vegas? Not his agent. According to senior producer Jason Bergman, Perry's role was cemented thanks to talk show host Ellen DeGeneres. On the April 24, 2009 show, Perry appeared not only to promote 17 Again, but he also gave Ellen an Xbox 360 system with a copy of the game.

"I played this video game so often that I injured my hand so severely that I had to go to a hand doctor and get injections in my hand because I love this video game so much," Perry told Ellen at the time. "The game is called Fallout 3. I'm not affiliated with this game at all, I just love it. But I signed it, so it looks like I created it."

Apparently, that act earned him the good graces of Bethesda and Obsidian, leading to his eventual casting as Rat Pack-esque character Benny. With his name now cemented in the game's credits, he'll able to give away signed copies of New Vegas ... and actually have it mean something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Mr. K wrote: »
    And here are the achievements: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/fallout-new-vegas/achievements/

Pretty similar to 3, with Hardcore Mode.

Curious, I'm nearly finished fallout 3 and most of the expansions, is it worth playing over again in Hardcore mode?( don't mean to go to off topic here)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Curious, I'm nearly finished fallout 3 and most of the expansions, is it worth playing over again in Hardcore mode?( don't mean to go to off topic here)

Fallout 3 doesn't have a Hardcore mode.

Cannot wait for this. I was a late adapter to Fallout 3 so am trying to get through it before NV lands.

Cannot wait for this. I was a late adapter to Fallout 3 so am trying to get through it before NV lands.

If you clock up less than 100 hours then your not doing it right ;)

Can I quote you on that? My OH needs convincing that Fallout hours is time well spent :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Is the map on this gonna be bigger than Fallout 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

+ 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

With DLC I easily put 140+ hours into this game.

New Vegas will be awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Is this a stand alone game or DLC

luckyfrank wrote: »
    Is this a stand alone game or DLC

Totally new game, and will almost certainly have it's own dlc down the road given how well the last ones did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Cant wait for this. Im usually wary of a new developer taking over a title in between games by its actual developer if that makes any sense but this actually looks great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Can I quote you on that? My OH needs convincing that Fallout hours is time well spent :pac:

ohh i'd hate to be in the middle of 3 when NV is out. i've enjoyed the break. i needed the break. i was seeing HP and AP meters when i closed my eyes. on and off i got about 16 months out that game with all the DLC's

• Advertisement

just bumping this as the dates been pushed back to oct 22nd, with still no price released for the special edition....anyone any idea?

I know the collectors edition (with the poker chips etc) was priced at £69.99 at the Game in Galway city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Never played FO3 but managed to pick it up in HMV for €10 recently. Really enjoying it. Hoping to get through it all and all the DLC before New Vegas hits. Hopefully the landscape in this one will be a good bit different than FO3.

It will, Vegas wasn't effected as much by radiation, so there's less of a wasteland feel to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Cant wait for this. The only thing i hope they do this time round is make the DLC part of the main map area somehow. I didnt like the way the DLC in FO3 felt seperated from the main wasteland. Thats the only thing that stopped me from buying all of FO3's DLC.

Also looking forward to hardcore mode. I found FO3 easy on my second run through the game. With the first run having absolutle brutal difficulty at some points. But maybe that was down to me having a terrible character. I allocated stats thinking they would be similiar to previous FO games, as in high perception means better accuracy. So i may jump right into hardcore from the get go.

!!!

Advertisement