Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remote ucaller call downloads

Options
  • 29-08-2010 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

i bought a new remote ucaller yesterday it comes pre loaded with good calls but does anyone know of any good sites to download from cheers fellow shooters.:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Few goodones on here lad. http://www.varmintal.net/ahunt.htm Not sure if you can upload them to the u-caller though. However handy to have on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭jimbrowning

kay 9 wrote: »
    Few goodones on here lad. http://www.varmintal.net/ahunt.htm Not sure if you can upload them to the u-caller though. However handy to have on the phone.
    yes you can, i downloaded a few of them. i,m stil yet to find 1 that sounds like the destressed rabit sound you make with your hand. any1 kno where i,d find it on line???

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bibio

how do you download them to the Ucaller? Greay appreciate it if anyone cna advise.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

bibio wrote: »
    how do you download them to the Ucaller? Greay appreciate it if anyone cna advise.
    Thanks

Download them onto your pc/laptop from net, connect your caller with usb cable supplied, find the caller, go to start / mycomputer open up the caller, and copy and paste them into the memory chip on caller. it only takes 8 calls i think. so your going to have to swap them around (copy the originals to a folder on your pc and then delete a couple from ucaller to make space for the new ones,
    I find it ok, but ended up putting all the calls on my phone which i now use. 1 less thing to carry. I really got it because of the remote (100m my arse)it dosent work farther than 10metres

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

triskell wrote: »
    I really got it because of the remote (100m my arse)it dosent work farther than 10metres

10 metres?!!!! Mine works out to over 100, are your batteries OK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Ya so does mine, make sure nothing is obstructing it as that may stop the signal.

If you can't solve the problem I woul take it back for a new 1 as it should work out to 100m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Make sure batteries as stated, also point to not short wave radio can be affected by iron ore in the ground, some rock areas are full of this ore and can weaken signal.

Failing that return as 10m is useless, the antenna could be damaged in the transmitter or receiver

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

100 m is not bad in fairness

Yeah I checked out all the obivious, It appears from further investigation that the reciever is very weak. A friend has one that behaves the same, got around the same time, maybe a bad batch, 100 metres would be a grand range if it worked. I couldn't be arsed to ship it back i just used it without the remote to deal with a bandit that was raiding my chickens.
    then i took clivej's advice and made my own up
    it's a pity the caller habn't got the facility to take an sd card it would be more flexible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

Download them onto your pc/laptop from net, connect your caller with usb cable supplied, find the caller, go to start / mycomputer open up the caller, and copy and paste them into the memory chip on caller. it only takes 8 calls i think. so your going to have to swap them around (copy the originals to a folder on your pc and then delete a couple from ucaller to make space for the new ones,
    I find it ok, but ended up putting all the calls on my phone which i now use. 1 less thing to carry. I really got it because of the remote (100m my arse)it dosent work farther than 10metres

it does if you extend the antenna. the antenna also has to be held vertically for it to work

• Advertisement

Yeah I checked out all the obivious, It appears from further investigation that the reciever is very weak. A friend has one that behaves the same, got around the same time, maybe a bad batch, 100 metres would be a grand range if it worked. I couldn't be arsed to ship it back i just used it without the remote to deal with a bandit that was raiding my chickens.
    then i took clivej's advice and made my own up
    it's a pity the caller habn't got the facility to take an sd card it would be more flexible

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

got a ucaller today, when i plug it into the laptop it doesnt appear in my computer, am i missing something

jap gt wrote: »
    got a ucaller today, when i plug it into the laptop it doesnt appear in my computer, am i missing something

plug it in to pc/laptop turn caller on, go to start button and then into my computer(program), it should appear in removalable media as caller

plug it in to pc/laptop turn caller on, go to start button and then into my computer(program), it should appear in removalable media as caller

thats what i thought but its not there

Is it working as normal itself, im thinking it might be the batteries. if you can try it in another pc to see if it's just your pc thats the prob

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Liam_D

Can anyone send me the original calls that come preloaded onto the caller?

Is it working as normal itself, im thinking it might be the batteries. if you can try it in another pc to see if it's just your pc thats the prob

working great, i put new batteries in it today, il try again later

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭foxboy

lee70 wrote: »
    i bought a new remote ucaller yesterday it comes pre loaded with good calls but does anyone know of any good sites to download from cheers fellow shooters.:D
    have you tried here http://www.mscustomcalls.com/MP3.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Most of the links put up here are from the US and although there's the odd decent fox call on them, the crow and magpie calls aren't worth a dalm because there a totally different species!

Anyone know of any good links with decent European birds on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Liam_D

I downloaded the ucaller calls from LR active's website, good calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

foxboy wrote: »
    cheers thats a handy little site

Advertisement