Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This weeks X-Factor was a disgrace to the country of Ireland.

Options
  • 29-08-2010 2:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

They were having a laugh at aul' Paddyland, poking fun at Louis Walsh, it's all just a big fake. We may not have as much talent here as a place in England, that's because we don't have the same population.

I think it was a disgrace. That guy Steven was exceptionally good. That girl Sadbh in the orange hair I have no idea how Simon could say no to her, it's ridiculous. For anyone in England he would have said yes straightaway. He said "I don't see any personality", it's a joke.

Lots of things like regional accents that Simon and Cheryl would fine endearing in the English version, they just wrote them off straightaway here. It was a no before they even began.

The one thing that made the show for me though was when you saw Simon, Cheryl and Katey going "No, no, no, no".... and then Louis Walsh saying: "I thought it was okay!!!".... one of the best/funniest moments in the X-Factor I think.

I think Louis Walsh is the most entertaining and positive judges on there (and one of the most positive people you could meet period!), and I think he came off quite well as usual, but I didn't like how he kept repeating "it can only get better" and phrases like that.

It was also funny the part where Katey Perry said to the lifegaurd "I'm drowning, save me now", and put her hair right into Louis Walsh, I mean he had to pull back from her because she had her hair all over him, not many people have gotten that close to Katey Perry, I wonder what he was thinking. ;):)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Jedward ruined any credibility Ireland will ever have in the X Factor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ well said!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

They were having a laugh at aul' Paddyland, poking fun at Louis Walsh, it's all just a big fake. We may not have as much talent here as a place in England, that's because we don't have the same population.

I think it was a disgrace. That guy Steven was exceptionally good. That girl Sadbh in the orange hair I have no idea how Simon could say no to her, it's ridiculous. For anyone in England he would have said yes straightaway. He said "I don't see any personality", it's a joke.

Lots of things like regional accents that Simon and Cheryl would fine endearing in the English version, they just wrote them off straightaway here. It was a no before they even began.

The one thing that made the show for me though was when you saw Simon, Cheryl and Katey going "No, no, no, no".... and then Louis Walsh saying: "I thought it was okay!!!".... one of the best/funniest moments in the X-Factor I think.

I think Louis Walsh is the most entertaining and positive judges on there (and one of the most positive people you could meet period!), and I think he came off quite well as usual, but I didn't like how he kept repeating "it can only get better" and phrases like that.

It was also funny the part where Katey Perry said to the lifegaurd "I'm drowning, save me now", and put her hair right into Louis Walsh, I mean he had to pull back from her because she had her hair all over him, not many people have gotten that close to Katey Perry, I wonder what he was thinking. ;):)

i totally agree with you......if that was in england simon would have given sadbh and steven "yes".
    i also felt that they were taking the p**s outta ireland on the show.......they tried to show as if we were talent less.........dublin had the smallest turnout for auditions aswel.
    in my opinion steven sadbh and obviously mary were far better than all ov last weeks and this weeks contestants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

absolutely, it was a pisstake, simon has a mild contempt for this country by the looks of things.

I wasn't impressed, it seemed like they were only over here to humour louis and weren't prepared to take things seriously.

Mind you, if we had anyone decent and the irish were allowed to vote then they would be a guaranteed winner.... people here would be voting 10 times or more and simon probably knows this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I agree op. I was disgusted at Simon's attitude. That blonde girl clearly could sing and he was yawning in her face and said she had no personality. What an a**hole.. It looked as if he had no inclination to let anyone through from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I half agree and half disagree with all of this.

I agree that it was made to look worse than it was....and deliberately so. All the silly play-acting where they pretend they don't know the general standard before they even start (shhhh, don't mention the fact that all these people have been seen in pre-auditions already). Also, a brutal singer appears in a UK city audition and it's all played out as very funny and Simon laughs. One appears in the Dublin audition and it's all so frustrating and annoying to him.

On the other hand, I knew, you must have known, everyone must have known the way it was going to be beforehand. Firstly, that X-Factor were gonna play down any bits that were good as much as they could (as they did the other time they were here) - and secondly, that the standard was genuinely going to be mostly poor. All you have to do is look at the All-Ireland Talent show and going back further to You're a Star and all that. The standard has always been abysmal!
    Apparently, Mary from Tesco's is through to the live shows and Louis is the mentor of that category!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

not many people have gotten that close to Katey Perry, I wonder what he was thinking. ;):)

"I wish that was a man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Any of the acts I saw on that episode of the show were pure mule

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

We've PLENTY of talent here. Sure my best mate has the voice of an angel, no joke when I say he'd have no trouble getting through and that's a purely musical, objective view. The difference is the best among us have an ounce of sense not to throw away any success we might have by going on X Factor. Think about it. If you don't win, you're relegated to supermarket openings, Christmas light turning-ons and, at best, playing Bundoran. On the other hand, if you do, at best you'll have one or two manufactured albums that succeed commercially if not critically, and as for the rest of your career ... see above.

Success in the music business is an organic progression, and real artists find it through years of hard work, endless gigging and making real connections with fans - the kind of success that lasts. A rise to stardom lasting a few months won't take too much longer to fizzle out. Most of our best singers have clearly decided that X Factor isn't for them!

That said, I'll be glued to it this year. Kettle, pot, blah blah blah ... it's entertaining dammit :D

Advertisement