Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skeptics in Belfast

Options
  • 29-08-2010 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hey there folks,

I've become fairly interested in skepticism in the last few months, primarily through a number of wonderful podcasts. I'm living in Dublin but in three weeks I'm moving to Belfast. I've been doing a bit of digging and it would appear that there's nothing skeptic-esque in the city.
    I was drinking with a friend and my missus last night and we've decided to have a go at organising a Belfast skeptics in the pub-style gathering. I'm not looking for anything massive or ground-breaking, just a bit of entertainment and intelligent conversation.
    So, I've two requests: one, if you're in Belfast and want to get involved then reply, PM or tweet me (@conorp). Two, if you can offer any advice or support I'd love to hear it. I'm just a n00b at this lark and am fairly excited at the idea of getting a couple of critical minds together.

Looking forward to hearing back,
    Conor/ Jimminy-Boi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Hey there folks,

I've become fairly interested in skepticism in the last few months, primarily through a number of wonderful podcasts. I'm living in Dublin but in three weeks I'm moving to Belfast. I've been doing a bit of digging and it would appear that there's nothing skeptic-esque in the city.
    I was drinking with a friend and my missus last night and we've decided to have a go at organising a Belfast skeptics in the pub-style gathering. I'm not looking for anything massive or ground-breaking, just a bit of entertainment and intelligent conversation.
    So, I've two requests: one, if you're in Belfast and want to get involved then reply, PM or tweet me (@conorp). Two, if you can offer any advice or support I'd love to hear it. I'm just a n00b at this lark and am fairly excited at the idea of getting a couple of critical minds together.

Looking forward to hearing back,
    Conor/ Jimminy-Boi

Hey that sound's like an idea.

You should call up to the Dublin SiTP before you move. It should be some time soon.
    There you can see how these usually go and get advice on how to set one up.
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=204710146647

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 jimminy-boi

True dat, I will surely try and make the next one. I though it was supposed to be this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

True dat, I will surely try and make the next one. I though it was supposed to be this weekend?
    Well nothing on Facebook yet, but one is due.

Join the group anyway and you'll get an invite when it does appear.

King Mob wrote: »
    Well nothing on Facebook yet, but one is due.

Join the group anyway and you'll get an invite when it does appear.

Joined the group a while ago - haven't heard anything yet. Patience, I shall has it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Good idea for you to organise this :) Hopefully it works out!

• Advertisement

Thanks Dave. I'm sure I'll post any developments here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DJBexbot

The next one is Sat 11th.
    I got this one 'going' so I'd be happy to have a chat - though it is not that hard!

Oh great, thanks DJ - I'll be along on Saturday and chat away then!

So, I've created a Facebook group for the event now. I'll be posting the date for the first event when it's decided. Til then, go and join this - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=128859380500332&ref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 9 icedcoffee

We now have a website: BelfastSkeptics.com
    and Twitter: twitter.com/BelfastSkeptics

• Advertisement
Advertisement