Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hi, i want to know something, can u help me?

• 29-08-2010 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

i have been here in Dublin 1 month, and i feel that im not doing good, i mean, im just here studing witout doing anything (i need to get a job as soon asposible... butt...), im here because i want to improve my english...

when i saw this forum i felt like i need to do something else here in Dublin... like volunteering or do something extra to help others, not just stay here in my room wasting my time... im looking for an extra activity to help heach others or i dont know just do something and spend time with people (i think that this will help me a lot to improve my einglish as well) ,

what would you suggest me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

well what are you interested in? Would you like to work with kids, animals, elderly people, first aid, homeless people etc. There are loads of places to volunteer if you know what type of work you are most interested in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

where about in Dublin are you living?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭yahurespuestas

Dublin 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

You should check http://www.volunteer.ie and get in touch with your local Volunteer Centre - they'll have a list of groups you can volunteer with.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

Take a look through this volunteerism forum and go back over the last year to see if any of the topics are of interest to you.
    Some information for people who want to volunteer in ireland from aborad Volunteering Ireland link
    There is also a pdf factsheet here
    Volunteering with children requires a Garda vetting form which can take some weeks.
    If you want something more specific it would help if you answered blondie7's questions above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement