Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glimpse Dog is looking for editors

Options
  • 29-08-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

I'm the Editor-in-Chief over at Glimpse Dog(http://www.glimpsedog.com) and we're currently looking for two to three more editors to add to our team. If you're interested in writing about games, be that through news articles,reviews or opinion pieces, you're more than welcome to get in contact with me by replying to this thread, PMing me or contacting me at admin@glimpsedog.com

I thought Boards.ie would the ideal place to look for new editors since I assume most of you have at least a basic grasp of the english language. ;) We've got permission to post this from the mods so don't fret. It's also nice to have a decent amount of Irish on the team. At the moment, we're predominately Irish, although there are also three Americans(including one who works solely on editing video for us) and a Portuguese fellow.

Obviously, there's the usual perks such as free games and the opportunities to go on some pretty cool trips to shows like E3, Gamescom and TGS. In fact, we're just back from Gamescom in Cologne, Germany and the trip was a great success.

Anyway, if you have any interest at all in joining please feel free to contact me to ask me any questions and we can discuss things a bit more.

Cheers,
    Toby.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bulktohulk wrote: »
    We've got permission to post this from the mods so don't fret.

Stop with the reported posts.... he asked me for permission first. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Hello everyone,

I'm the Editor-in-Chief over at Glimpse Dog(http://www.glimpsedog.com) and we're currently looking for two to three more editors to add to our team. If you're interested in writing about games, be that through news articles,reviews or opinion pieces, you're more than welcome to get in contact with me by replying to this thread, PMing me or contacting me at admin@glimpsedog.com

I thought Boards.ie would the ideal place to look for new editors since I assume most of you have at least a basic grasp of the english language. ;) We've got permission to post this from the mods so don't fret. It's also nice to have a decent amount of Irish on the team. At the moment, we're predominately Irish, although there are also three Americans(including one who works solely on editing video for us) and a Portuguese fellow.

Obviously, there's the usual perks such as free games and the opportunities to go on some pretty cool trips to shows like E3, Gamescom and TGS. In fact, we're just back from Gamescom in Cologne, Germany and the trip was a great success.

Anyway, if you have any interest at all in joining please feel free to contact me to ask me any questions and we can discuss things a bit more.

Cheers,
    Toby.

Hey,

I'd love to get involved. I used to write for a gaming magazine a few years back (an on-the-shelves magazine) and had multiple reviews published. I'm also a film production school graduate and know my way around Final Cut to edit video etc.

I'll send you a PM.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Snoogans

Hello everyone,

Cheers,
    Toby.

I'm very interested in this. The opportunity to actually apply myself to some real writing on a topic I actuallly care about is a pretty rare opportunity. Count me in. I can provide any information you might require upon request.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'd be interested. Got a good bit of spare time to help reviews etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Interested, PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Going to be a bit more direct and ask for some info:

What kind of time committment are you looking for?

What are the submission guidelines?

Do you accept individual feature / reviews, etc submission?

You mentioned junkets such as travel to events...As this is probably going to be aimed at people who have been with the website a while, what other benefits / entitlements are there?

Thanks!

🤪

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sent an email there earlier, would definitely like the chance to have another outlet for my gaming related thoughts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

Hey guys.

I've received a ton of inquiries regarding the site so please don't assume I've disregarded you if you don't receive a reply right away. I'll be replying to everyone who sent me a PM or email or posted in this thread.

Thanks.

Advertisement