Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you really HATE Metallica?

Options
  • 29-08-2010 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I HATE THEM!!! HATE! HATE! HATE!

I should explain that they were once my favourite band for about 3 or 4 years. I thought they were the best thing since sliced bread. Then that Napster thing happened and showed what a bunch of penny grabbers they are. Then Newsted left (he was my favourite cuz they treated him like **** in the beginning and in the end he showed he wasn't an egotistical prick like the rest of them). Then they released that god awful emo album St. Anger. It was then I realized "wait a minute! These guys are actually ****!" Then Some Kind of Monster came out and showed what a bunch of whiney little bitches they all are. Ugh! They make me sick! And the fact that they had all their tabs removed from tab sites like UG and Tab911. If a fan thinks enough of your music to go and figure it all out so he can play along you should be ****ing honored! I can't think of a bigger compliment you could give a musician than to want nothing more than to play like them. It's like a fan going up to Hetfield and saying "I wanna grow up to be a guitarist like you" and him saying "well you can't cuz if you play any of our music on a guitar I'll sue you". And how **** and over-rated is Kirk Hammett. His solos suck so much! The way people think he's the best guitarist around really angers me. His solos lack any feeling or thought. He just plods away as fast as he can (which is also poor in contrast of better guitarists) in whatever key they're playing in (probably E because 90% of their **** is in E). And don't get me started on Ulrich. I saw them twice and both times they played One. The second time he was obviously too up his own arse and consumed by his own narcissistic self-belief that he couldn't even be arse to do the double bass blast beat at the end. He just used the Tom Toms. How lazy can you be?! The only drummer that I can think of that's worse than him is that stupid bitch from White Stripes. There's another rant waiting. They should team up to make the most epic fail song ever. Then there's the evolutionary challenged one; Trujillo. He looks like an ape that they just strap a bass guitar to and let loose on stage. Every new video that comes out he seems to be stooped over more and pulling more ape faces. Funniest thing is when I saw some video of him doing a rubbish boring solo and after he went up to mike and just went "Uhg!" as if trying to be hard. "Cave man no speakie"

So that's whay I hate Metallica and all their fans. Fair enough they've come up with some catchy riffs. I'm not saying they haven't. But if you give anyone a guitar for 20 years their bound to come up with some good stuff. That doesn't make them ****ing maestros.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I don't like Metallica either, but your rant is pretty silly.

If you don't like them, why not just not listen to them and keep it to yourself? I have plenty of bands that could inspire threads like this one, but why waste your time on it?

Re: E minor. Good point, and it's always annoyed me too, that a band can get as big as Metallica with so little variation. Play a minor pentatonic solo in E minor in common time and you're sorted. But shouldn't that inspire you to just listen to better music instead of boring stuff?

Re: Lars Ulrich. True, he's not a great drummer, but who are you to say how he should and shouldn't play his own drum parts? If he wanted to use his toms instead of his bass drums, who is anyone else to tell him otherwise? If you don't like that, you'd hate Bob Dylan.

Re: 'stupid bitch from the White Stripes'. Who are you to say what she should play? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you don't know the full extent of her abilities. Her drum parts suit The White Stripes' music very well, and she didn't sound like any other drummer around at her time, so she wins, as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

i really dont like them and never had

but why waste time on hatred for something ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

This type of thread is another example of why i rarely use boards.ie to discuss music... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I used to like them a few years ago. Now I'm just indifferent to them. I have all their albums up to St. Anger but I haven't listened to them in years. I can see your point about them getting tabs removed from the net. I don't like their attitude but I don't think their music is terrible. It's just there.

You shouldn't let what other people think of Kirk Hammetts musical abilities worry you. I don't see the appeal of Slash but it doesn't bother me that every guitar magazine thinks the sun shines out of his backside.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I really like S & M.

/Runs away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I really like S & M.

/Runs away.
    Sex & Sexuality thataway >> :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement