Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6.5 weeks pregnant.... questions...

• 29-08-2010 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey guys

im new to all this, but i really need some advice please. im 6.5 weeks pregnant with my first baby, an since friday ive been havin a pinkish/brown discharge first thing in the morning but no pain or cramps tg, is this normal??? im tryin not to panic but its hard not to... any advice will be greatly appreciated.:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

trixie666, I'd say you should call your doctor tomorrow. In the meantime try to relax and keep calm, easier said than done I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

It could be normal, but I would go to your local maternity hospital just to be sure. They will be able to scan you and put your mind at rest. Even if you waited to go to your GP tomorrow, he/she would only refer you straight to your maternity hospital anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 trixie666

thanks for your replys.... il go to the hospital first thing... fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

The chances are the hospital or your doctor will just send you home and ask you to be patient and wait for two weeks. At 6.5 weeks its very unlikely a scan will be able to detect a heartbeat; afaik its 7 weeks at least before it can be picked up. So don't panic too much if they tell you something along those lines. From what I've read a lot of women have brown spotting throughout their pregnancies and go on to have healthy babies so try not to jump to conclusions just yet and stay positive.

Hope it works out ok for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

This happened to my sister when she was five weeks. She rang her doctor and he told her not to panic but to rest as much as possible. She more or less stayed in bed for the weekend and it stopped and she had no more problems.

• Advertisement

hey guys, i had a scan on tuesday, an they thought my dates were wrong as the baby was smaller den it should be and the heartbeat was slow which concerned them. i was told to take it easy.
    yesterday afternoon i started to bleed a lot heavier an last night started passing large clots, i went straight to hospital where i was admitted an told that i more or less was having a miscarraige, an would need a (cleanout ) as they said, this morn. so at 9am i had another scan an der was a heartbeat, beating faster then on tuesdays scan!!!!! so many emotions overcame me, i couldn believe it.
    so i was sent home to rest an have another scan in ten days. im still bleeding heavy enough but have no pain, so everythings crossed at this stage!!!
    thanks again for your replys.. x

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

trixie666 wrote: »
    hey guys, i had a scan on tuesday, an they thought my dates were wrong as the baby was smaller den it should be and the heartbeat was slow which concerned them. i was told to take it easy.
    yesterday afternoon i started to bleed a lot heavier an last night started passing large clots, i went straight to hospital where i was admitted an told that i more or less was having a miscarraige, an would need a (cleanout ) as they said, this morn. so at 9am i had another scan an der was a heartbeat, beating faster then on tuesdays scan!!!!! so many emotions overcame me, i couldn believe it.
    so i was sent home to rest an have another scan in ten days. im still bleeding heavy enough but have no pain, so everythings crossed at this stage!!!
    thanks again for your replys.. x

please god the bleeding is a scare and the baby is ok. just keep calm and try to relax and put it to the back of your mind for a few days until the next scan.

Fingers crossed for you that it all works out ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sineadc1984

Hope all goes well. xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Best of luck trixxie i am keeping everything crossed for you, please god it will turn out positive xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Good luck Trixie!!!!!!!!

Rest as much as you can
    Housework can bloody well wait
    Spend as much time as you possibly can lying down & take it easy!

thanks guys for all your well wishes. unfortunately i suffered a miscarraige on tuesday. im heartbroken, but as everyone keeps telling us.. everything happens for a reason..
    some consulation is that i am able to concieve, where others try for years without anything happening.... il just have to try to stay positive now.
    thanks again xxxxx

Aww trixie, I'm so sorry. I was really hoping for a positive result for you.

It'll take time to heal, but you will get there. So many of us here have lost babies and can really sympathise with how you must be feeling. It does get easier over time, but you have to give yourself time to grieve.

On a positive note, you will be extra fertile now for the next few months, so hopefully you won't be waiting too long to get pregnant again if that is what you hope for. The doctors may have told you to wait a few months before trying to conceive again, but actually there is no evidence to support this, and the chances of your next pregnancy being successful are high.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage trixxie, there are no words that will make it any easier on you, its a very tough time for you and your partner. Thinking of you x

Advertisement