Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole recipients Will have to work 19.5 hours

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

And how do you know that these things "contribute" anything anyway? Most community work is all bull****.

They'll never be able to enforce this. Some people would rather go to jail than do community work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

They'll never be able to enforce this. Some people would rather go to jail than do community work.

Sounds like they will just stop their benefits.. no need for jail..

And how do you know that these things "contribute" anything anyway? Most community work is all bull****.

What's BS about making the community better? Plenty of people do it for free... community work helps charities, old folks, kids, disabled, the poor, the lonely... everyone benefits from community projects...

Is handing someone money to sit at home a better solution?

Welease wrote: »
    Sounds like they will just stop their benefits.. no need for jail..

I never said they would go to jail Welease, I said they would rather that.

They can't just stop their benefits because there would be rioting and protests.

If they did they could just live a life of crime instead. No need for benefits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭McDougal

Thanks for the clarification..

Your earlier statements seemed to suggest I should continue to work 12 hour days and pay large taxes so a portion of society could continue to contribute nothing to the community..

I assume with this clarification of our social "oneness" that you now agree with the community schemes, and that everyone has a responsibility to help....

They are not "your taxes". It is state money and rightly or wrongly you have no right to dictate how it is spent. Interestingly you don't seem to have a problem with state money going into Anglo but go mental at the thought of an unemployed person getting €196.

• Advertisement

McDougal wrote: »
    They are not "your taxes". It is state money and rightly or wrongly you have no right to dictate how it is spent. Interestingly you don't seem to have a problem with state money going into Anglo but go mental at the thought of an unemployed person getting €196.

Really?

Two points..

- Care to show where I said I was happy for my money to go to Anglo?

- If it's not my money, and it's state money, they it's not an unemployed person's dole money, and the state can equally (and will) decide what restrictions are placed on that money.. which it sounds like they are.. (works both ways)..

What's BS about making the community better? Plenty of people do it for free... community work helps charities, old folks, kids, disabled, the poor, the lonely... everyone benefits from community projects...

No, not always. Sometimes it's about picking up litter and things like that. Count me out. I don't litter myself and I hate the fact that the food I buy comes in packaging. All of those charities wouldn't need to exist if everything was done my way and everyone was ethical.

Yes. People aren't free to move about and pick fruits in the trees like our ancestors could anymore. All of those healthy, raw, organic foods are denied from us or are extremely expensive. Because other people took the land and said it was theirs. They could at least give the unemployed the bare bones of what it takes to survive in this day and age.

People seem to think that if they're doing something that requires exertion, then it must be worth something. Often it's not, often jobs people do are stupid. I am against any person doing something they don't want to do and that is not genuinely useful.

I never said they would go to jail Welease, I said they would rather that.

They can't just stop their benefits because there would be rioting and protests.

If they did they could just live a life of crime instead. No need for benefits.

I'm not getting into a semantics arguement, it's unnecessary :)

The state won't jail anyone, they will cut the benefit.. and they are targetting 10K initially people for this scheme (of 450K), so given the usual percentage of people who will actually get off their arse in this country to protest about something... initial estimates are 1 slightly annoyed person will consider doing something on a forum but won't actually turn up on the day ;)

No, not always. Sometimes it's about picking up litter and things like that. Count me out. I don't litter myself and I hate the fact that the food I buy comes in packaging. All of those charities wouldn't need to exist if everything was done my way and everyone was ethical.

If you (for arguements sake.. I have no idea whether you would be in the 10K suggested) don't want to take part then you have two options.. get a job or don't take dole.. Thats your choice.. can you give me a reason why I should work long hours and pay lots of taxes to help the community, and you can sit around and do nothing?
    Do you think you are above picking up litter? Do you look down on a hard working employed binman who pays taxes to help you out? Why do you believe you are special?

Yes. People aren't free to move about and pick fruits in the trees like our ancestors could anymore. All of those healthy, raw, organic foods are denied from us or are extremely expensive. Because other people took the land and said it was theirs. They could at least give the unemployed the bare bones of what it takes to survive in this day and age.

People seem to think that if they're doing something that requires exertion, then it must be worth something. Often it's not, often jobs people do are stupid. I am against any person doing something they don't want to do and that is not genuinely useful.

If you don't want to do it.. fine, noone will be jailed for not doing it.. but don't expect me to work to facilitate your life of idleness..

I'm not getting into a semantics arguement, it's unnecessary :)

The state won't jail anyone, they will cut the benefit.. and they are targetting 10K initially people for this scheme (of 450K), so given the usual percentage of people who will actually get off their arse in this country to protest about something... initial estimates are 1 slightly annoyed person will consider doing something on a forum but won't actually turn up on the day ;)

Slightly annoyed? Are you off your rocker? :confused:

People have been giving hell about this on the Joe Duffy show, on the papers, even in this topic. Rarely has there been an issue that's evoked as much anger as this. Some people have careers and recently became unemployed, are expected to keep up with the changing times and update their skills, and perhaps a happy consolation is they get to enjoy a bit of a break in their careers from the usual 9 to 5, out of the rat-race for a while. I gaurantee you that this will push people into becoming "welfare people" and unemployed long-term if not for good, because instead of being given a chance to reinvent themselves and relax they are being hit over the head with this.

The scheme will fail because people will evade, they will claim to have done something, it'd be chaos. Let's call a spade a spade here: It is a STUPID idea and a stupid scheme, dreamt up by well-meaning people who really had no idea what they were doing.

• Advertisement

Slightly annoyed? Are you off your rocker? :confused:

People have been giving hell about this on the Joe Duffy show, on the papers, even in this topic. Rarely has there been an issue that's evoked as much anger as this. Some people have careers and recently became unemployed, are expected to keep up with the changing times and update their skills, and perhaps a happy consolation is they get to enjoy a bit of a break in their careers from the usual 9 to 5, out of the rat-race for a while. I gaurantee you that this will push people into becoming "welfare people" and unemployed long-term if not for good, because instead of being given a chance to reinvent themselves and relax they are being hit over the head with this.

The scheme will fail because people will evade, they will claim to have done something, it'd be chaos. Let's call a spade a spade here: It is a STUPID idea and a stupid scheme, dreamt up by well-meaning people who really had no idea what they were doing.

Joe Duffy bollox..as usual..

No recently unemployed person qualifies for this scheme.. If it was as all-encompassing... how come only 10K are eligible out of 450K on the live register? It can't push people into long term unemployment, if only those who are moving into long term unemployment are eligible, and I doubt anyone will give up a promising career to continue with their community efforts.....

Joe Duffy bollox..as usual..

No recently unemployed person qualifies for this scheme.. If it was as all-encompassing... how come only 10K are eligible out of 450K on the live register? It can't push people into long term unemployment, if only those who are moving into long term unemployment are eligible...

Uhhh.... I would assume the reason is because it will be started in one area while they are figuring out what to do, the logistics, before they get 450k people involved. That's why they call things like that a "pilot scheme", then if it's a complete disaster at least it won't be a nationwide thing, that's how things are normally done.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

Community work - that is something that really needs to be defined.

See how O'Cuiv defined it - environmental work, childcare and caring for the elderly - excuse me but what do we pay taxes for?

"Community work" is another name for the holes in our service sector and the government want to fill this gap with cheap or free labour. Of course community busybodies are usually paid enough, most "community activists" (of course not all) have vested interests and get paid.

He also mentions the semi-economic sector such as heritage sites, tourism and sports - again what the fcuk are our taxes for. Tourism has always been a huge part of our economy - but has there been any investment and attempts at creating a sustainable sector in recent years. No. Just building lots of hotel rooms. So instead of hiring professional and genuinely interested staff with vision and ideas he will be forcing people into the sector. The schemes will roll on from year to year like the CE Schemes and no plans or strategies can be worked out as budget/staffing levels are always unknown from year to year.

He won't be asking anyone to work for charities that are not linked to filling gaps in our services.

We all know gov could never cover all these areas because they cut the tax rates and organised our economy to suit the few. They screwed up big time and this is a sticking plaster response. Of course it also removes people from the live register.

Uhhh.... I would assume the reason is because it will be started in one area while they are figuring out what to do, the logistics, before they get 450k people involved. That's why they call things like that a "pilot scheme", then if it's a complete disaster at least it won't be a nationwide thing, that's how things are normally done.

Not how it was explained by O'Cuiv on Newstalk.. this scheme is for those who are moving from (and i forget the names) standard €196 a week to the job seekers allowance which is means tested (i.e. after one year).
    This new scheme allows them to earn a few quid extra and also work the other hours per week, which previously would have impacted their benefit..

It would also allow those who have been not allowed to officially do volunteer work, to do so without risking their benefit..

There will be a forced element to ensure that people are willing and available for work (which is one of the conditions of dole).. those who cannot or will not will have to deal with the relevant departments..

Those who are just lazy leeching scum.. will get found out...

katkin wrote: »
    Community work - that is something that really needs to be defined.

See how O'Cuiv defined it - environmental work, childcare and caring for the elderly - excuse me but what do we pay taxes for?

"Community work" is another name for the holes in our service sector and the government want to fill this gap with cheap or free labour. Of course community busybodies are usually paid enough, most "community activists" (of course not all) have vested interests and get paid.

He also mentions the semi-economic sector such as heritage sites, tourism and sports - again what the fcuk are our taxes for. Tourism has always been a huge part of our economy - but has there been any investment and attempts at creating a sustainable sector in recent years. No. Just building lots of hotel rooms. So instead of hiring professional and genuinely interested staff with vision and ideas he will be forcing people into the sector. The schemes will roll on from year to year like the CE Schemes and no plans or strategies can be worked out as budget/staffing levels are always unknown from year to year.

He won't be asking anyone to work for charities that are not linked to filling gaps in our services.

We all know gov could never cover all these areas because they cut the tax rates and organised our economy to suit the few. They screwed up big time and this is a sticking plaster response. Of course it also removes people from the live register.

In case you missed the last couple of budgets.. our taxes don't currently cover jack ;) We are mortgaging our kids future to continue to current spend.

Call it re-distribution of wealth.. ;)

Our taxes will now be paying for long term unemployed people to work on those tourism sites etc that you mention.. Why should we pay twice?
    We all know gov could never cover all these areas because they cut the tax rates and organised our economy to suit the few

Actually they organised the economy to suit the lowest paid.. 50% of workers don't pay any tax... you are welcome to suggest we start taxing those instead of utilising the unemployed..

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

In case you missed the last couple of budgets.. our taxes don't currently cover jack ;) We are mortgaging our kids future to continue to current spend.

Call it re-distribution of wealth.. ;)

Our taxes will now be paying for long term unemployed people to work on those tourism sites etc that you mention.. Why should we pay twice?

Actually they organised the economy to suit the lowest paid.. 50% of workers don't pay any tax... you are welcome to suggest we start taxing those instead of utilising the unemployed..

Our taxes don't cover jack now because the development of our economy outside property interests was neglected - this was to the benefit of a minority of influential people in this country - of course there were spin-off benefits particularly for gov with huge tax takes - but where was that money put - back into PS wages in the main.

I am not suggesting we have the tax to pay for these services now, but even when the tax take was huge these gaps occurred because services were not increased or developed - yes thanks to Unions and compliant gov who gave in.

And yes, part of the problem was abolition of taxes from lower paid workers, just more nonsense. They would have been better off taxing them and providng proper services.

My point was that the community sector is really a gap in our services that government pretend to provide. That is all. Some would have you believe that it is some altruistic area that saintly folk choose to give time to, it's driven by necessity and a governemnt that doesn't give a ****.

Our taxes don't cover jack now because the development of our economy outside property interests was neglected - this was to the benefit of a minority of influential people in this country - of course there were spin-off benefits particularly for gov with huge tax takes - but where was that money put - back into PS wages in the main.

I am not suggesting we have the tax to pay for these services now, but even when the tax take was huge these gaps occurred because services were not increased or developed - yes thanks to Unions and compliant gov who gave in.

And yes, part of the problem was abolition of taxes from lower paid workers, just more nonsense. They would have been better off taxing them and providng proper services.

My point was that the community sector is really a gap in our services that government pretend to provide. That is all. Some would have you believe that it is some altruistic area that saintly folk choose to give time to, it's driven by necessity and a governemnt that doesn't give a ****.

Well on that we can agree :)

I personally believe that anyone who has a problem doing work in the community while being paid by the community, should then take their high arsed opinions of themselves elsewhere and stop receiving handouts from the community... It's laughable that people think picking up rubbish is beneath them, but they are willing to live off the taxes provided by those who do keep our streets/parks clean.. But thats the Celtic Tiger for ya..

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭WhodahWoodah

Do none of the pro-scheme, everyone-on-the-dole-is-a-lazy-sod people on here care that about 80% of the people currently on the dole only arrived there in the last 2 years and given the economic state of affairs it's hardly been their fault? Presumably the majority of them were productive workers beforehand helping drive the Celtic Tiger that every one of us enjoyed.

Doesn't it matter that these people would have spent their entire working lives paying tax and PRSI to the kitty that was supposed to provide for them should a massive recession hit the country and they lost their jobs? Or did nobody ever contribute to social welfare before now and the smug still employed decided that from now on, to be eligible for the thing you paid all your contributions for, you should have to go out and pick up rubbish, clear ditches etc because damned if those exact same people will stand for anyone not qualified working in creches or caring etc.

Any single one of these people could end up on the dole tomorrow but clearly by their posts they're fairly sure it won't happen to them......just like the majority of people on the dole I'm sure!

And I still haven't heard what the plan is for the childminding of the kids of a parent who has to go do some sweeping. The plan had better not be that they have no choice but to stick them in some dole worker group crèche type thing because if there's one right that must seriously be sacrosanct it's the right to choose who takes care of your kids.

And I say all this and everything I've said thus far as a 30 year old childless single woman who in spite of the recession is managing to grow her own business, but if it went under tomorrow wouldn't even be entitled to sweep for sustenance.

Do none of the pro-scheme, everyone-on-the-dole-is-a-lazy-sod people on here care that about 80% of the people currently on the dole only arrived there in the last 2 years and given the economic state of affairs it's hardly been their fault? Presumably the majority of them were productive workers beforehand helping drive the Celtic Tiger that every one of us enjoyed.

Its not relevant.. Employment is not a right.. I know that makes me sound like a harsh bastard.. but people in this country need to wake up.. If you want guaranteed employment then vote in a communist government and lets all live in ****ty apartments and work for Biffo.. In the free democratic world, work is not guaranteed.. people need to plan for unemployment, and migrate if necessary..
    Doesn't it matter that these people would have spent their entire working lives paying tax and PRSI to the kitty that was supposed to provide for them should a massive recession hit the country and they lost their jobs? Or did nobody ever contribute to social welfare before now and the smug still employed decided that from now on, to be eligible for the thing you paid all your contributions for, you should have to go out and pick up rubbish, clear ditches etc because damned if those exact same people will stand for anyone not qualified working in creches or caring etc.

No.. under the current rules (as I understand them) after 1 year they go onto means tested benefit..
    This new change allows those who have assets and would qualify for lower dole to earn higher benefits.. whats the problem with that?
    Other option is to sell their negative equity house for little, move into a rat hole and still be means tested for little.. Is that better?
    Any single one of these people could end up on the dole tomorrow but clearly by their posts they're fairly sure it won't happen to them......just like the majority of people on the dole I'm sure!

Absolutely, and it's more likely than not.. I myself have been given long term notice.. but it doesnt change the simple facts, people who are given money cannot expect to refuse to help the community that helps them..
    In order to find work, I have emigrated, moved cities, gained qualifications (abroad)... thats the reality of non Celtic tiger economies.. time to wake up..
    And I still haven't heard what the plan is for the childminding of the kids of a parent who has to go do some sweeping. The plan had better not be that they have no choice but to stick them in some dole worker group crèche type thing because if there's one right that must seriously be sacrosanct it's the right to choose who takes care of your kids.

There has to be some element of fairness in this of course.. but on the other hand, if they are not available for work then they are a different case, and it won't apply to everyone.
    And I say all this and everything I've said thus far as a 30 year old childless single woman who in spite of the recession is managing to grow her own business, but if it went under tomorrow wouldn't even be entitled to sweep for sustenance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭thebaldsoprano

Being 'pro-scheme' doesn't imply that you think that everyone on the dole is a 'lazy sod'. And yes, some of us have looked up the statistics on this before and found that when there were plenty of jobs, long term unemployment (one year or more) was at 1.2% of the workforce. We could reasonably conclude from this that most people will gladly work when given the chance.

So... now that people are being given some work, what's the problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭roosh

I don't think insurance is going to be a big problem, O'Cuiv's dept is taking over responsibility for the Rural Social Scheme (which is an already existing work for benefit scheme for fisherman and farmers) and the Community Services Programme which provides funding for things like meals on wheels etc where they have to take on particular groups of the unemployed such as travellers, disabled etc.

Basically he is extending this scheme and removing the optional nature of it. The community groups themselves will have to pay the insurance and this will probably be covered by other grants they get.

Sigh! What a load of ****e. Winners - Pobal - a quango who run these schemes for the department - more work and justification for them! Another winner - FAS supervisers. Losers - those who want a real job; the taxpayer - paying for this nonsense; people qualified in areas such as heritage workers, childcare workers, etc and taken over by community busybodies with no qualifications but lots of political connections. Haven't we seen all this **** before, will we ever learn. Remember the meals on wheels scandal that was highlighted on Primetime. I know of someone who owns a pub and runs a CE scheme on the side getting full FAS supervisor wages, just a nicely connected person. Sick society. The pillars and busybodies are lining their own pockets aided and abetted by a fat lazy government.

cheers for the explanation. I can see how the whole insurance thing wouldn't be a major issue. I would imagine however, that claims for work-related injuries might increase, if those who are unemployed are forced to work against their will.

Particularly these so called "dole cheats".

Scarab80 wrote: »
    I could be wrong here, but I don't think the state use private sector insurance companies. The state claims agency, run under the umbrella of the Treasury manage and discharge all claims against the state.

I guess that just moves the question on one step though, what are the expected claims to arise from employing these extra workers.

depends on training and a lot of other factors.

the issue is, that anyone on a CE scheme already, is there by choice, whereas if people are forced to work against their will, then some of these people, in particular these so called "dole cheats" might just spot the potential for a claim against the state, for any on-the-job accidents.

the problem with the Scheme is, as appears to be the problem with most of the current government policies, is the motivation for bringing it in.

Theoretically the scheme could be very beneficial to all involved, if done correctly. The issue I fear is that the government are merely engaged in short term thinking, aimed at boosting their ratings among the public, without any real consideration for what is best for those on benefits, or indeed what is best for getting people off benefits, and thereby reducing the countries outgoings.

There are plently of volunteer opportunities out there at the moment, that aren't all on community employment schemes. The problem is that people are not allowed to take part in them, because they are either not part of the CE scheme, or because it would mean that they are not available for employment.

Forcing people to do jobs they are overqualified to do, or have absolutely no interest in doing, is the worst possible soulution. It might perhaps be more worht while encouraging people to find their own voluntary work, in an area that is relevant to their interests and qulaifications, or in an area they wish to explore, while allowing them to keep their benefits.

This might lead people actually being pro-active in taking it up, it would be a damn sight better for their self-esteem, it might actually lead to people finding a way back into employment, by gaining experience in a relevant area or a desired field, and it would probably cost less to implement, because there would be no need to police it and it would have the exact same impact on the countries finances.

Welease you are a troll and don't have a clue of what you're talking about. You're hypocritical and a very weak-minded thinker. You're adding smileys and winks just to annoy people. And I'm not being spiteful about calling you weak-minded, you genuinely obviously can not think things through.

I don't know why something isn't being done about his messages.

EDIT: Okay, I toned it down a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭thebaldsoprano

mangaroosh wrote: »
    the problem with the Scheme is, as appears to be the problem with most of the current government policies, is the motivation for bringing it in.

Theoretically the scheme could be very beneficial to all involved, if done correctly. The issue I fear is that the government are merely engaged in short term thinking, aimed at boosting their ratings among the public, without any real consideration for what is best for those on benefits, or indeed what is best for getting people off benefits, and thereby reducing the countries outgoings.

Okay, so I take it we agree that if it's reasonably well executed then it's a good idea.
    There are plently of volunteer opportunities out there at the moment, that aren't all on community employment schemes. The problem is that people are not allowed to take part in them, because they are either not part of the CE scheme, or because it would mean that they are not available for employment.

Forcing people to do jobs they are overqualified to do, or have absolutely no interest in doing, is the worst possible soulution. It might perhaps be more worht while encouraging people to find their own voluntary work, in an area that is relevant to their interests and qulaifications, or in an area they wish to explore, while allowing them to keep their benefits.

This might lead people actually being pro-active in taking it up, it would be a damn sight better for their self-esteem, it might actually lead to people finding a way back into employment, by gaining experience in a relevant area or a desired field, and it would probably cost less to implement, because there would be no need to police it and it would have the exact same impact on the countries finances.

This was covered in an earlier post. As part of the legislation, people will be able to do voluntary work without the risk of losing their benefits.

Any other problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭McDougal

SuperInfinity you should edit that before some mod bans you

Welease you are a troll and don't have a clue of what you're talking about. You're hypocritical and a very weak-minded thinker. You're adding smileys and winks just to annoy people. And I'm not being spiteful about calling you weak-minded, you genuinely obviously can not think things through.

Troll.

Troll.

Troll.

Troll.

I don't know why something isn't being done about your messages.

In the absence of being able to make an arguement, you resort to calling me a troll.. /golfclap

As per charter, if you believe I am trolling, then report me using the icon below the posts and a mod will decide.. I'm not getting into throwing personal insults about..

Okay, so I take it we agree that if it's reasonably well executed then it's a good idea.

Not necessarily, the details of the scheme will determine whether or not it is a good idea. The execution of it will determine whether or not it is successful, according to the criteria that are set for success.

Admittedly, I am working on very sparse knowledge of the scheme itself, which is why the issue of motivation is so important. I would seriously question the motivation of the scheme i.e. what exactly is the "problem" it is supposed to be tackling? What is the desired outcome of the scheme?

This was covered in an earlier post. As part of the legislation, people will be able to do voluntary work without the risk of losing their benefits.

Any other problems?

I'll have a look for the post, cheers (if you fancy linking to it, that would be sweet!).

I know that people will be able to keep their benefits, but will they be forced to do work that is not relevant to their qualifications?

Will they be allowed to search for their own voluntary work, in an area that is of interest or relevance to them?

Do you have a link by any chance, that gives details of the scheme?

Not necessarily, the details of the scheme will determine whether or not it is a good idea. The execution of it will determine whether or not it is successful, according to the criteria that are set for success.

Admittedly, I am working on very sparse knowledge of the scheme itself, which is why the issue of motivation is so important. I would seriously question the motivation of the scheme i.e. what exactly is the "problem" it is supposed to be tackling? What is the desired outcome of the scheme?

I'll have a look for the post, cheers (if you fancy linking to it, that would be sweet!).

I know that people will be able to keep their benefits, but will they be forced to do work that is not relevant to their qualifications?

Will they be allowed to search for their own voluntary work, in an area that is of interest or relevance to them?

Do you have a link by any chance, that gives details of the scheme?

I don't think full details have been released yet (or have been decided upon), as I cant find an official link.. but yes, it would really make sense if people could apply and volunteer for work that utilised their qualifications (obviously that would involve extra checks to make sure they are not helping their mates /wink wink... O'Ciuv said this would be cost neutral, so policing would be minimal which may exclude non known entities from applying)...

Will this happen? Who knows.. I'm not holding my breath.. A lot of those who are being targeted seemed to be to "pick up new skills", so given the low numbers involved they may be looking at the more unskilled long term unemployed.

Either way, it could and should be a valuable scheme, but as always it will depend heavily on the implementation..

• Advertisement

I don't think full details have been released yet (or have been decided upon).. but yes, it would really make sense if people could apply and volunteer for work that utilised their qualifications (obviously that would involve extra checks to make sure they are not helping their mates /wink wink... O'Ciuv said this would be cost neutral, so policing would be minimal which may exclude non known entities from applying)...

Will this happen? Who knows.. I'm not holding my breath.. A lot of those who are being targeted seemed to be to "pick up new skills", so given the low numbers involved they may be looking at the more unskilled long term unemployed.

Either way, it could and should be a valuable scheme, but as always it will depend heavily on the implementation..

It has the potential to be a valuable scheme alright, but as you say implementation, as well as the motivation driving it, will determine it's true benefit

Advertisement