Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCP Air Rifles

Options
  • 29-08-2010 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Are there any good suppliers of PCP air rifles in the state or do people end up importing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

There are dealers who import the ISSF stuff (e.g. Geoff Cooney for Walther and Steyr, Dave Cooney for FWB). Not sure about the hunting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Yeah, I'm looking at the hunting stuff, for vermin in areas cartridge firearms just don't suit.
    Recommendations for suppliers, or indeed the air rifles themselves are very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

civdef wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm looking at the hunting stuff, for vermin in areas cartridge firearms just don't suit.
    Recommendations for suppliers, or indeed the air rifles themselves are very welcome.

I'd say it's a case of ringing around civdef

I have seen them in the past in James McBrides in Athlone so he might be worth a bell to see what he has

Have you a particular one in mind.

As you know the selection and price in the UK would probably beat anything here hands down though so importing may be the best option if you don't mind the hassle. Maybe try the shops up North

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Holdover

I bought a Weihrauch Hw100 from Griffin Hawe last year, its a super gun and I'm very happy with it but I had to wait ages for Weihrauch to deliver.
    I had tried all round but very few dealers had more than one or two in stock Griffin Hawe had several high end ones in stock to choose from, Air Arms S410, BSA R10, FX Typhoon and others, all super guns and I found the price converted across from £ was reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

the last time i was in stakelums in thurles sean had one or two pcp airrifles in stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Goosie

Bought an Air Arms 410 off Syl in Top Gun, Drogheda fairly recently.

You could give him a try.....041 9842225.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

John Conroy in Portlaoise is the importer for FX PCP's very nice guns and he always has a few in stock.

Thanks for the suggestions folks, glad to hear several fairly local dealers have them.

Having done some visiting, anyone got experience of the FX T12?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

I'm getting a HW100t for myself and the ould fella.

Not sure wether to go for .22 or .177 although I'm leaning towards a .22.

I love the look of the sporter stock but I prefer function over form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Great selection on hand in Aim & Swing in Mountnugent too.

Picked up a HW100T in .177 there a few weeks back. Plenty of other PCP options there aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

murph226 wrote: »
    I'm getting a HW100t for myself and the ould fella.

Not sure wether to go for .22 or .177 although I'm leaning towards a .22.

I got the FAC .177 and about 4 weeks later, the auld boy got the ball rolling on a KT in .22.

You can't go wrong with either of them although if you're gonna be carting it around a lot, then the Karbine is a far nicer machine to walk with and you don't miss the extra power of the FAC.

The karbine's a lot easier to shoot unsupported too - wayyy better balanced.

Advertisement