Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EPL on Tring

• 29-08-2010 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Does anyone know when the new bird is going up for 16 degrees east. Have signal up at 80% but picture for the soccer games not great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

October i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

15th of September. Then add a month for it to get into position etc etc.

damob2000 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the new bird is going up for 16 degrees east. Have signal up at 80% but picture for the soccer games not great.

Nothing to do with signal, its because they are squeezing too many channels into one space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Do ye think this bird will increase the signal though?

Was able to get it on my 80cm a few months back before the chaos..

Not a squeak now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

You need at least a 1.2metre dish to get proper reception in Limerick from 16east....so an 80cm is bound to cause you problems..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Does anyone else thinkg that when Tring go onto the new bird that the beam will be focused? I have a feeling that's why the EPL are allowing them broadcast at the moment cause they know that the beam will be restricted to Albania by October!

well i would say the beams will be back to normal. One of the satellites is running at low power at the moment and another satellite at 16 east has only half capacity. We will see. The days of spot beams for all satellites is a long way away yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Cheers lads, wouldnt mind if they pumped up the signal on it though, would be interested in it then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

snaps wrote: »
    The days of spot beams for all satellites is a long way away yet.

Hope so! Why would they want to lose all foreign revenue though? Surely it makes more sense to have your product available for sale to as many people as possible?

Advertisement